Chapter 45

"Are you ready?" Jordan asks as I finish tying up the skates. I slowly stand up, wobbling from side to side.

"I guess." During my attempt to get them on I had bugged him, trying to get him to tell me what Justin needed me to do that involved me stepping on the ice.

As a kid I had tried to ice skate and failed miserably, going home covered in bruises with tears running down my face. There was the time that I almost got my fingers ran over and since then I've been scared with images of what would've happened if the kid hadn't fallen before his skate came in contact with my fingers.

Jordan gave me a big smile before unlocking and opening the door that led out to the ice. I bit my lip as I slowly stepped on the ice. I gripped the wall as Jordan nudged me out of the way so he to could get on the ice. As scared as I was of getting hit by one of the pucks that the guys were hitting back and forth, it was also very cool to be on the same ice arena that my favorite hockey team played on. 

I followed Jordan towards the center of the ice, watching as alot of the guys moved and leaned against the walls, some even went far enough to get off the ice. As I stood in the middle, Jordan turned to me "My job here is done." He smirked before turning away and skating back to the penalty box. As soon as he was gone, the lights dimmed and I jumped.

"Testing. 123. Testing." A deep voice came over the intorcom and I settled down, they were just testing the sound system, nothing to be jumpy about.

Things got brighter as the jumbo-tron turned on. As I looked out at the hockey players that were supposed to be practicing, I frowned. They were all leaning against the  wall, watching what was on the screen. Even the guys that had been jogging around were at a stop, staring at the screen.  I found Ali, she was sitting in the same spot that I left her in but her eyes were wide and she had a large smile on her face. Confused, I slowly backed up so I could see what they were looking at. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped as I stared at the screen.

In big black letters it said Sorry Kae. -Justin.

There was a tap on my shoulder and I turned to look at a smirking Justin. I smiled at him before turning back and looking at the letters on the screen.

"You said you wanted a really nice apology. This is it, I wasn't sure when you were coming to a game and now seemed like a good time." He whispered into my ear. I looked at the screen, then at him, then back to the screen. As I looked back and worth, the wheels in my head were spinning.  As everything came toghter and I was sure with what I wanted to do, I turned back to Justin.

I reached up and placed my hands on his shoulders, trieing not to fall. He laughed and set a hand on my waist. I took a deep breath before pressing my lips to his. He froze, not expecting me to do what I did.

He pulled away and looked down at me. My cheeks turned pink and I looked away. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. His other hand found its way under my chin and he made me look at him, he smiled before kissing me. I kissed him back, ignoring the hockey players around us as they clapped and cheered.