Chapter 54

"There is something that I want to do before you leave?" Sarah said as she helped Justin go through his room to make sure that he hadn't forgotten to pack something.

"And what is that?" Justin gave his best friend a small smile as he pulled himself from under his bed, a sock in his hand.

"Sit." Sarah pointed to the bed and watched as Justin pulled himself off of the floor and plopped himself where she was pointing. "Close your eyes." Sarah smiled as Justin did as he was told. 

Sarah wiped her hands on the front of her jeans before placing her hands on his shoulders and pulling herself closer to him, She bit her lip as Justin's forehead scrunched up in confusion. She took a deep breath before quickly moving forward and pressing her lips against his. 

Justin reacted quickly, placing his hands on her shoulder and roughly pushing her away.

"What the hell was that!" Justin whisper shouted, not wanting Kae to hear what was going on.

"I wanted you to know that I liked you in more then a friendly way and I didn't know how to tell you!" Sarah runs her fingers through her hair as her eyes begin to water.

"You had your chance! I liked you when I first moved here and you kept turning me down. I love Kae now!" Justin throws the sock across the room, wishing he had more to throw.

"I was stupid!" Sarah comes at him again but Justin his quicker as he darts her open arms.

"I don't care. I don't like you like that anymore. Leave." Justin points towards the door, wanting her to leave without a word. Kae didn't need to know what happened and if Sarah said something before she left it would be something that would let Kae know that something happened. 

Sarah takes a deep breath before grabbing her coat and running out of the room. Justin quickly follows wanting to make sure he was by Kae when Sarah left.

Justin put a smile on his face as Sarah let him go in front of her as she stopped to wipe away tears. As Justin reached the bottom of the stairs he found a sleeping Kae sprawled out in the chair.  He walked further into the room until he was at the chair. He couldn't help but smile as he leaned down and wrapped his arms around her, bringing her forward so he could slip behind her and hold her as she slept. 

As he adjusted her in his arms, she sighed in her sleep and pressed her face into his neck. 

Justin ignored Sarah as she left, he was to busy watching the girl he loved sleep in his arms.

____________________________________________________________