Chapter 29

Long Time No Post

Sorry for the shortness

Chapter 29

Two days later.

"Kae, Sweetie. Time to get up." My mom says from above me, lightly shaking my shoulder.

"I dont want to." I pull away, rolling over to the other side of the bed and biting my lip when my leg screams in protest.

"You have school." She tugs at my comforter.

"Please dont make me go." I pull my face out of the pillow and look up at her. "The funeral is today. I need more time. Please." I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself.

My mom closed her eyes and sighed. "You can have the rest of the week but on Monday you're going back."

I nodded. Four days was enough time to sorta of pull myself together.

"I guess you can go back to sleep." She kisses my forehead before leaving the room. I hear the floor in the hallway creak as she walks to wake up Justin.

The past two days were terrible. I stayed in bed, only getting up to use the bathroom and shower. My life had lost meaning and it was hard. Justin tried to talk to me, but I pushed him away.

I buried myself further under the covers and screamed into the pillows.

"Kae?" I groan as Justin comes in the room.

"Yes?" My anger towards Justin had increased since the accident. I couldn't figure out why but I liked to think of it as his fault. I had no reasons to think this but I needed someone to blame and he was the first one to come to mind.

"Want me to get your homework from the past few days?"

"Dont bother."

I fell my bed sink as he sits at the end. "You wanna talk about what youre going through?"

"No."

"Alright. Fine. Have fun feeling sorry for yourself."

"I have every right to feel like this."

"Sure you do." I watch as he shakes his head before leaving the room.