Chapter 33

Chapter 33

That next Monday, I went to school. I wasn't happy about it but I went. I woke up at six like it was any other day, I got dressed, brushed my teeth and then it hit me. 

Things weren't going to be the same, Zane wasn't going to meet me out side, He wasn't going to sit in front of me in math where he could get me in trouble by passing silly notes. He wasn't going to tease me about my mistakes. He wasn't going to be there at all.

"Kae are you okay?" Justin asks as he walks past the bathroom.

"Yeah." I let go of the bathroom counter and wobble out of the bathroom. He gives me a pat on the back before entering the bathroom and closing the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kae!" Ali came running up to me as I shuffled towards my locker, not liking the way people were staring at me. She gave me a quick hug before stepping back. "You lookalot better."

"Thank you..." I open my locker as she awkwardly stands off to the side.

"Have you seen Zanes locker yet?" 

"No."Zane's locker was on the other side of the school and I was avoiding it. 

"You need to." She claps her hands together before slamming my locker shut and grabbing my elbow. She slowly dragged me behind her, attracting more attention then I 

wanted.  

Zane's locker was in the science wing and the moment we turned down that hall I could tell which one was his. There were flowers sitting around the base and I could tell that his locker was covered in different cards. As we got closer I began to read some of them. The ranged from saying that the best went first or that he was way toyoung to die. Most said that he would be missed. As I stopped and stood in front of it Ali gave me another hug before walking away. I continued to stand there as the bell rang and all of the kids around me went to class. 

I was walking away when I heard Justin talking and I had to listen.

"Sarah! What car did you have the night of the accident?" I lean against the corner and watch as Justin chases Sarah down the hall.

"I had the red one" She yawns before pulling open her locker.

"Where is the car now? You had the black one this morning."

"None of your business." I watch as she turns to glare at him.

"If I found out that your the one that hit them, your going to wish you were in Zane's place." 

"Is that a threat?" 

"No. Its a promise." Justin cocks his head to the side as he glares at her.

"Well it wasn't me. I was with you."

"Yeah, Before you took off in a hurry."

"It wasn't me."

"I wanna see the red car after school." 

Sarah frowns. " i cant let you do that.

Justin huffs before storming back down the way he came from, Sarah leans against her locker and begins to cry. And I run outside, not wanting to deal with the people at school.