Chapter 9

"What just happened?" I asked Justin as he lead me towards, one of the four kitchen chairs. 

"I'm not sure what it's called but it happened to one of my team mates in high school. He wasnt happy with him self so he pushed himself to far and went for a long run. He didnt stop to drink or anything and he fell like you did" He scratched his forehead and watched me "You looked like he did right before it happened so I knew you were gonig to fall." 

"Thank you for catching me."

"No Problem" He Smirked "Couldnt let you fall and crack your head open, Could I?" Justin taps the back of my head as he leave the room.

"You Alright?" My mom said as she finally came into the room 

"Yeah" I pull my cup that Justin had set near me and pulled it closer. I took a big drink and groaned. My legs felt like jelly and There was a buzzing noise coming from god knows where. I went to stand up but was pushed back down by mom. 

"I think you should sit for a while."

I frowned at her as she went and asked Justin what he wanted for dinner.

~~~

"So tell me about your home life" My mom asks as she slides the bowl of corn to the center of the table.

Last night  we hadnt done much talking due to my moms bad mood. She knew that Justins first dinner hear had been werid and she was trying to make up for it.

"Well, Uh, I lived at home with my mom, dad and younger brother Mack. I Went To Fenelon Falls Secondary School and Now I'm here."

"How do you do in school" I ask as I push around my mashed potatoes. I asked the question for one reason: I didnt want to end up being the girl who brought the stupid hockey player.

"I do okay. I'm horrible in math but I always do good in English so I never got in trouble for my math grades" He smiles before taking a big bite of Pork chops.

"Justin, I wanted to let you know that there will be rules here"

"I know, It wouldnt be housing if there werent." He took another bite.

"If fail any class, you'll have things taken away"

"Whats Failing?"

"C- or Lower."

He nodds and gets a thoughtful look on his face "Any other rules?"

My mom goes on to list the rules, Rules that I've heard over and over, Everytime I get in trouble I get to hear the rule all over again.

~~~

As I Passed Justins room after my shower, I heard him talking so I stopped to listen.

"Hey Mom" Theres a pause and he conitues on "Its great here." He chuckles "Of Course I'm home sick." I shift uncofortably, it felt wrong to listen but for some reason I couldnt make myself move. "Yeah The Cookings good, No Its not as good as yours" I could hear the happiness in his voice. "The lady that I'm living with has a teenage girl my age. She's cool but she doesnt have much of an ass" I frowend at that, was he going to tell everyone that he didnt like my ass? "I think I like it her. Bye Mom. Love you" I hear him shut his phone and I hear him sigh. I suddenly felt bad for him. I hadnt relize how this had to be for him