Chapter 50

Read Me-

1. 2 updates in 1 week!! I'm kind of proud of myself for getting this chapter up so fast. I haven't been uploading much lately and I'm sorry about that.

2.The only way to explain this chapter is- I missed Zane. :)

3. Can you please vote more? I'm getting alot of reads but not very many votes. So If you think this Chapter is cute vote for it. 

4. Thank you for reading.

5. I seriously cant believe that this story has almost 40,000 reads. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was standing at Zane's headstone looking down and wishing I had worn more then a tank top and a pair of shorts as the snow fell around me. It was completely quiet until someone cleared their throat. I whipped around to face the person, my breath catching in my throat as I came face to face with the one person that I thought I would never see again.

"Zane!" I cry, not sure what else to say. 

He smirks as he stares at me. "Hi Pretty Girl." I smile, liking that I was able to hear his voice again.

"We've got a problem."He says with a sigh. 

"We didn't have any problems when you left." I frown. 

"I know." He smiles "Come here and sit." He goes and brushes off the top of his headstone before sitting on it and pointing to the ground where he wanted me to sit. 

I quickly go and sit at the base of the headstone, looking up at him.

"Our problem isn't from before the accident."

I nod, we had been at perfect terms before the accident.

"Kae, Your not letting me go." He cuts to the chase after a moment of silence. 

"Yes, I am! I haven't cried in awhile and I kind of have a thing with Justin." I yell, sick of people telling me that I needed to let Zane go.

"If you let me go, you would've jumped Justin's bones by now." His voice is just above a whisper.

"You know I'm not that kind of girl!" I whisper shout at him.

"Yeah. I know." He smirks again before frowning. "Smile for me." I give him a small smile "You know you want to give me a bigger smile then that."He laughs and reaches down, attempting to tickle me. 

"No." I squeal, rolling over and attempting to crawl away.

"Smile. Smile. Smile"  By now he is grinning and I'm biting the inside of my cheek to keep from smiling back.

"No Way, Jose!" I stick my tongue out at him.

"Please." He says as he pins me to the soft grass. I give him a big smile, no longer able toresist. 

"Thank you. Now back to our problem." He rolls away.

"We have no problem." I shake my head at him, wanting him to agree with me.

"Yes We do. Justin likes you and your not giving him your all."He gets back up and walks back over to his headstone, sitting in the same place as before. I follow, going and leaning against the base. 

"I am giving him my all." I whine, not wanting to talk about it.

"No, You aren't. I can see your memory of it and your a much better kisser then that." He smirks for a moment before turning back to being serious.

"Okay! Your right. I'm not giving him my all but its because I'm not ready."

"Why not?" He looks sad as he sits there watching me. He gets down and sits next to me.

"It'll be a month tomorrow and I'm not sure why everyone wants me to forget you."

"They don't want you to forget me, They just want you to be happy and holding on to me isnt the way to do that." With each word he gets closer until our noses are touching. 

"I am happy." I whisper.

"Are you really happy?" When I try to look away, he grabs my chin and makes me look him in the eye.

"I'm happy enough." 

"Go be happy with Justin." He smiles and I can tell that that's what he really wants me to do.

"Can I ask you something first?" 

"Why'd you do it?" I ask him the one thing that has dominated my mind since the accident.

"Do what?"

"Make the car hit your side." 

"I knew that we wouldn't be able to get away and I didn't want you to get hurt. If you were okay, Iwouldn't care if I got hurt."

"But you didn't just get hurt! You died!"  

"I know but that's okay." He puts his arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer.  

"Its not okay." I rest my head on his shoulder. 

"It is because now I get to be your guardian angel. I get to watch over you and make sure no one hurts you." He laughs.

"If your supposed to make sure no one hurts me then why are you pushing me to be with Justin? When the hockey season ends, Justin has to go home and i'm going to be heartbroken again."

"Yeah but until then he is going to make  you very happy." He pulls me into a hug.

"I miss you." I mumble into his chest.

"Kae! Kae! Kae!" Someone begins shouting my name. With a gasp I sit up in bed, and look up at the person who had woken me up.

Justin stood at the edge of my bed, using his phone to light up the room.

"Are you awake now or did you decide that talking in your sleep wasn't enough and that you were going to do it with your eyes open." Justin smirks. 

"I'm awake." I mumble, wondering why he was waking me up in the middle of the night. 

"Can I sleep on your floor?" He scratches the back of his neck. "Mac is hogging my bed and when I tried to make a bed on the floor, Brodie yelled at me." 

"Sure." I lay back down, thinking about my dream and listening to Justin shuffle around the room as he makes a bed on the floor. "Justin." I call out after a moment.

"Yeah?" By the tone of his voice I can tell that he's tired and I know that since he has a game tomorrow night, sleeping on the floor wouldn't be good for him.

"You don't have to sleep on the floor." I tell him after taking a deep breath.

"What do you mean?" I reach over and turn on my lamp, patting the bed next to me. He watches me for a moment before nodding and getting up. I scootch over as he slides in next to me. Once he is settled-ed and laying back I reach up and turn the lamp off. After laying there for a moment I roll over, resting my head on his chest. He freezes for a moment before bringing his hand up and resting it on my shoulder.

"Night Justin."

"Night Kae."