Chapter 15

Over 3,000 reads :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking down the hall towards my locker when I saw Zane again. He was walking with a couple of friends - none of them girls so I thought it was the perfect to ask him something, Instead of waiting to see if he was asking me. I hurried to my locker, spining the lock and swearing under my breath when I missed a number, I got my lock open as fast as I could.I shoved my books up on the top shelf and followed him.

"Zane." I say as I get close enough.

"Hey Kae." He waves his friends away and motions me foreward. My face heats up as I walk towards him.

"Hi." I smile and we start walking.

"Hi." He chuckles and my face heats up alittle more. "You were never this shy." He reaches up, his thumb gently touching my cheek.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight? My place?" Justin said I couldnt have a party but he never said anything about not having friends over.

"That sounds good, I've been meaning to talk to you for awhile now." He puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out his phone. "You still got the same number?" When Inod he continues "Same house?"

"Nothings changed with me" I tell him as I stop infront of my next class.

"You've gotten prettier." He smiles again.

"Thank you." I walk into class and frown when he follows me. "You have this class?"

"Yeah, since the beginging of the year. On the first day during the name game, I was Zebra Zane." He laughs and follows me.

"I was Kitty Kae."

"Meow" He wiggles his eyebrows and smiles. "I'll see you tonight."

I nodd and say my goodbyes, before watching him walk to the other side of the room to sit with his friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I stood infront of my full length mirror, adjusting my black long sleeve shirt. I didnt want Zane to think I was trieing to get back with him but I still wanted to look nice, With one last poof to my hair I went downstairs. 

Justin had callled about an hour ago telling me that he was glad he couldnt hear a party going on. Zane had called saying he would be here in a hour. As I reached the bottom of the steps the door bell went off. I pulled the door open and smiled at Zane.

"You look nice." I tell him. He's wearing a white v-neck shirt and his leather jacket. He has on a pair of skinny jeans and blue converes.

"So do you."

"Thank you." I push the door open and he steps in, the screen door swings shut behind him.

We end up sitting on the couch, we talk for awhile. I tell him about my parents divorce (but not about sarah). I tell him that its cool living with a hockey player. He caught me up with his life and I caught him up on mine. 

He leaned real close. "I've missed you." He whispers. 

I do the only thing I can think of. I reach up, pull him close and kiss him. He kisses me back. When he pulls away we are both breathing heavily.

"I was hopping we could be friends for awhile but it seems like were picking up right where we left off." He smirks. 

"No." I wasnt ready to be with him. Sure I liked him and I really liked that kiss but I wasnt ready to be Kane again. Yes its cheesy but when we first started going out Sarah thought It would be brillant to have everyone call us Kane.

"Friends with benefits?" He pouts. After a moment of thinking I nodded. Normally I wouldnt go for the whole friends with benefits thing but this way I could get to know the real Zane alittle better and I could still enjoy what he had. 

He tangles his hands in my hair and presses his lips to mine. I pull away for a moment "Lets be friends so we can make out" I qoute my favorite Emily Osment song before kissing him back.