~ 3 ~

In Maya's room:

In Maya's room:

Maya is looking out the window, enjoying the sunset, lost in her thoughts. Siri and Sravya, who entered the room, saw her lost somewhere. They called her name, but she didn't budge. They looked at each other with a mischievous glint in their eyes. They went near her, stood on either side of her, and shouted loudly in her ears, giving her a break from her thoughts.

"What the hell, guys? Why are you guys shouting like that, as if I'm on some other planet? Ouch, my poor ears!" Maya yelled at them.

"Madam, we have been calling you for a long time, but you're so lost in your own world, and we didn't have any other option left. By the way, what are you thinking about so deeply?" Sravya said, rolling her eyes.

"Umm, nothing," Maya said, avoiding her gaze.

"Then why are you not looking at us, Akka? Wait, did you have any romantic dreams with Bava or what? You can share it with us. You know, we won't mind at all," Siri said, winking at her sister.

"Nothing like that," said Maya.

"You don't need to hide it. We won't mind if you say that if you're dreaming about my Anna. What do you say, Siri?" Sravya said with a mischievous smile.

"Yeah! We won't mind," Siri said, giving a hi-fi to Sravya.

Siri and Sravya started laughing loudly, looking at Maya's face.

"Shut up, you silly people. Stop laughing like maniacs," Maya said, glaring at them.

Their moment is interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Sorry! Looks like I've interrupted your moments," said Taara.

"There is nothing like that, Akka," Maya asked, looking at her.

"What to do? You didn't invite me to your engagement, so I myself invited me," Taara said, dramatically.

"I messaged him. But he didn't respond," Maya said, looking down.

"No problem. Your soon-to-be husband didn't forget to invite me. Though I'm angry that you didn't come to my engagement, I can understand as you were busy with your exam preparation," said Taara.

"Sorry, Akka. I tried a lot to come, but as the exam was nearing, I couldn't make it up," Maya mumbled, looking down.

"Hey, Maya! It's okay. I was just kidding. By the way, I totally forgot why I came here. They have told me to bring you out. So once again, check everything so that we can go, and please make it fast. Your groom is waiting there for you impatiently," said Taara.

Maya mumbled an "Okay" and looked at herself in the mirror.

**************************