~ 34 ~

Maya's POV:

Maya's POV:

"It was his elder sister's marriage. I didn't want to attend the wedding, but Anna wanted me to come. And I could never deny him, so I accompanied him along with Anju Maa and Adi Dadda. That was the first time I met him for the first time in my life, Rajesh."

Rajesh, the name, which I'll loathe all my life.

"I didn't even know that Chytra and Vyshali Vadina had a brother. That day, I had no idea he would bring more misery into my life in the name of love," I said, chuckling sadly.

"I don't know why, but I never felt good whenever he was around. Sometimes I used to go along with Anna to meet Chytra, while Rajesh used to accompany his sister. I have seen him getting eager to have a talk with me, so I have always maintained my distance from him. I used to chat with either Surya or Sravya at that time. After that, I went to Hyderabad for graduation. When I joined IIIT, I was really unhappy because I couldn't pursue the career that I had always dreamed of. I was the least interested in attending the class. When I entered the class, I heard someone calling my name. I was surprised to see Surya there."

"He has always wanted to become an aeronautical engineer. He wanted to fly in the sky. He always used to blabber about that, so I was surprised to see him there. After the entrance exam, he suddenly disappeared and didn't even contact me. When I went to his home, Aunty told me that he and Taara Akka went on a tour along with their grandparents. So, I was surprised to see him there. When I asked him what he was doing there, he said that he wanted to surprise me. A part of me felt happy, while a part of me felt guilty."

I still don't know why he left his dream. Though a part of me is happy that he was with me, another part of me is sad that he left his dream of becoming an aeronautical engineer. I know how it feels when you have to leave your dream. He never gave me a proper answer whenever I asked him that question.

"Pranav (Dr. Anitha's son) also joined the same college, but he chose a different branch. We three used to hang out a lot. We used to sneak out of the hostel at night. If I had enjoyed my graduation, then the credit would go to both of them. I tried to make new friends, but somewhere I was afraid to accept new people into my life."

"Surya used to scold me for not coming out of my shell. He used to worry about what would happen if he didn't join the same college. I still wonder sometimes what would have happened if both of them were not there. I had made friends, but after some time, I felt they were using me. I heard them mocking me behind my back and creating some stupid stories. But my Aashi was not like them. She was different from them. She is bubbly, sassy, bold, and innocent at the same time. We used to smile at each other at the start. By the end of the second semester, we had become best friends. She was from a Punjabi family that had settled in Chennai. Her parents are doctors. She is like a coconut: hard on the outside but soft on the inside. She is still a kid at heart who is waiting for her parents' love. Her parents loved her but were too busy with their lives to care for her. She used to stay with her grandparents. They were such a cool and sweet couple. Me, Surya, and Pranav used to spend our weekends at her home. We used to have a great time."