~ 49 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Avi and Maya prepared breakfast together and placed everything on the dining table. Soon, everyone joined for breakfast. After breakfast, Avi went to his parents' room and knocked on the door.

"Come in," said Vani.

Avi went inside and sat on the bed. Shekar, who was arranging his files, saw his son fidgeting with his fingers and looking nervous.

He went near him and asked him, "Is everything okay, Kittu?"

"Yeah!" Avi said meekly.

"Then why are you feeling nervous?" Shekar asked him, raising his eyebrows.

Avi took a deep breath and told him, "Nanna, actually I'm planning to take Maya out for some days."

"So, you are taking my sister on a honeymoon," Arjun said, coming inside.

"Don't you have manners to knock on the door, idiot?" Avi scolded Arjun.

"Nope." He said and laid down on the bed, keeping his head in Vani's lap.

"So, when are you planning to go?" Vani asked Avi.

"Umm, tomorrow," Avi said meekly.

"And you are telling us now. Dude, it's my wedding in 10 days and also your best friend's. And now you are taking my sister on a honeymoon," Arjun said, narrowing his eyes.

"Don't worry, we will return in two days," said Avi.

"Okay, your wish. All we want is your happiness," Shekar said, patting his head.

"Thank you, Nanna!" Avi said, hugging his father tight.

"I'm going to kill you with my bare hands if you don't show up on time," Arjun warned, pointing his finger at him.

"Okay, okay. Before you, your sister will kill me for sure if I don't bring her to your wedding," said Avi.

Vani and Shekar chuckled, looking at them, and shook their heads at them.

"If your drama is over, then get out of my room. I'm getting late for my work," she said, glaring at them.

After some time, some left for their respective workplaces, and some stayed back home to plan for the coming weddings.

**************************

While in Avi and Maya's room, Maya sat on the balcony, lost in her thoughts. She closed her eyes and leaned back. A lot of thoughts are running through her mind. Could she forgive her parents? Will they love her and trust her enough if she forgives them? Her heart doesn't have enough strength to go through another heartbreak. Will they take care of her? What if they mock her again for everything she does? She cannot go through them again. They have never been satisfied with her achievements. They never trusted her caliber. She really wants to achieve something in her life that she loves. Will they support her decisions and be with her? What if they try to separate her from her Avi? She can't live without him.