~ 21 ~

Avi's pov:

Avi's pov:

It's been a week since I saw her in that lifeless condition. I thought I would lose her. It's like a nightmare for me. Every night, I would wake up in the middle of the night to check on her. For the first two days, she used to shiver and mumble something in her sleep. She used to sweat profusely, and her body would turn cold. To be frank, I never had proper sleep this week. I used to stay awake and stare at her serene face all night, assuring myself that she was with me. I won't lie, but now I'm afraid of losing her. I don't know why my intuition is saying something bad is going to happen.

And after that day, she never spoke about what happened in the hospital. I didn't even ask her. Well, I want to propose to her on her special day. Well, it's our special day. The best part is that we were born on the same day four years apart. So, I'm planning to take her on a small vacation after our birthday, which is next month, because I know how much she loves to celebrate with the family. So, I'm trying my best to finish all the pending work so that I won't be disturbed by office calls then.

But I'm loving her attention. Every morning, she places all my essentials on the bed. She sends me and Dad lunch daily, as mom does not come to the office unless it is important, as she wants to give company to Maya. She used to cook my favourites at least once a day. Though the elderly ladies have strictly prohibited her from entering the kitchen, would she listen to them? She would give them an innocent look, which would eventually melt them. Of course, who could not melt by looking at her innocent face?

*******************

Author's Pov:

"Avi, come on, get up. We are getting late. I've placed your clothes on the couch. Go and get ready fast," Maya said, coming out of the closet.

"Beautiful!" was all he could say, looking at her.

She is looking elegant in the black silk sari. His heart jumped with joy at looking at her wearing the saree he had selected. She tied her hair into a bun and adorned it with a gajra.

 She tied her hair into a bun and adorned it with a gajra