~ 73 ~

This chapter is dedicated to butterfly2wander, swethasrinivas21 & writesbyhowra_

This chapter is dedicated to butterfly2wander, swethasrinivas21 & writesbyhowra_. Thank you guys for your constant support and love.

Unedited

Avi's POV:

I parked the car in the garage and got off. I picked up my bag and moved towards her side. She is fast asleep on the way. I called one of the helpers and told him to keep my bag in her room. I slowly picked her up in my arms and moved towards her room.

I put her on the bed and removed her sneakers. I removed her jacket slowly and made her sleep properly on the bed. I covered her with the quilt and moved to change.

After changing into shorts and a vest, I lied down beside her and spooned her into my arms. I pecked her head and mumbled "Good night".

The next morning, I slowly opened my eyes and sat on the bed. I looked at the other side of the bed and found it empty. I stretched my arms and got off the bed. I folded the quilt and made the bed properly. I moved to the balcony and sat on the chair, enjoying the morning breeze and the warmth of the early morning sunlight.

I heard giggling sounds and looked around. I looked down and saw Maya, Siri, and Thathayya walking in the garden. He and Maya were laughing, listening to Siri's cute banter.

"Hayee, how does she manage to look beautiful every time?" I thought, leaning on the railing and admiring her.

"I know my sister is beautiful; stop gawking at her like a creep," said Arjun.

"God! Why? Tell me, why does he have to break my moments every time?" I thought, muttering numerous curses to the man standing beside me.

And who allotted this room for him, which shares the same balcony with her room? Doesn't he find any other room in this big mansion?

"Stop cursing me," he said, giving a break to my chain of thoughts.

I glared at him but smirked the next moment when I looked at the hickey on his neck.

"Looks like you had a wild night last night," I said, pointing at the hickey and smirking at him.

He rubbed his nape and looked away.

"I'll just come." Saying that, he ran to his room.

I chuckled, looking at him. I looked down and saw her busy gardening. I moved inside to freshen up.

As soon as I stepped out of the washroom, the smell of hot, brewed filter coffee hit my nostrils. I looked at Maya, who was sitting on the bed and having her coffee. She lifted her head, looked at me, and gestured for me to come to her.

I went to her and sat on the floor, leaning my back against the bed. She handed my coffee cup to me and started drying my hair with a dry towel.

Though I'm loving this, I'm not liking this silence between us. I love listening to her never-ending talks and admire her expressions. She narrates even a simple thing beautifully; maybe that's the reason she is a writer and her books are quite popular.

"When is the next check-up?" I asked her, breaking the silence, while having coffee.

"Monday," she said.

"Won't you talk to me?" I asked, turning around and looking at her.

"What am I doing now?" she asked me.

"You are not talking normally like you do every day," I said.

"Avi, first go and wear your clothes. We will talk about it after having breakfast," she said, getting up from the bed.

"No, first let us solve this," I said stubbornly.

"Fine, then tell me what you want to say," she said, folding her hands and making a stern face.

"She is looking so hot, man. Avi, control your desires. This is not the right time for romance," I told myself, trying to control my raging hormones.