~ 68 ~

This chapter is dedicated to ThilaMM & the_raangi_rangamma

This chapter is dedicated to ThilaMM & the_raangi_rangamma. Thank you for showering your love on this book and for sharing your thoughts.

Unedited

Author's POV:

"Amma, do you have Annayya's picture with you?" asked Nandan.

He wanted to see his elder brother's picture. Maybe their lives would have been totally different if he had been alive. Sakshi nodded her head while crying silently.

"What happened after that, Mavayya?" Sravya asked him.

"Anju and Aditya fell in love with each other. And eventually, they got married. We lost all our hopes as Sakshi had two miscarriages after Abhiram. Then she got pregnant with Maya. We didn't even keep our hopes up at her time either. Because every time, our hopes were shattered and we lost our babies. But I had a strong intuition that the baby would make it, and my princess made it too. She was born six years after Abhiram. Maya was born before her due date, and she was very weak. This time, Janaki and Sarika (Yash's mother) didn't leave her side. She was kept under observation for a month. We were not allowed to touch her. Sakshi lost all her hopes when, one day, Maya had difficulty breathing. But then she made it; my little fighter made it," Rishi said, wiping his tears.

"She was the apple of our eyes. My naughty little girl," Rishi said, smiling in between his tears, remembering the happy moments that he had spent with Maya. He took a deep breath and continued, "Then, after two years, we had our little champ, Nandu. We are living happily in our little world. After the death of Amma, I noticed that Nanna was drifting away from us. So we decided to move out of our village, which I regret to this day. Everything was fine at the start. We were all set to start our company. Then we got a courier, which shook us badly," said Rishi.

"What's there in the courier, Annayya?" Jhansi (Sravya's mother) asked him.

"My morphed pictures," Anjali said, giving a shock to everyone.

"What?" Everyone shouted.

"Yes, they received a courier that has my morphed photos," Anjali said, gulping the pain.

"So you also know everything, is it?" Harinath asked her.

"No, Nanna. I just learned some truths yesterday. I was cleaning my closet when I found Aditya's old diary." With that, she told everyone what happened yesterday (reference chapter 65).

"Then why didn't you both share it with us until now?" asked Revathi.

She thought everything was over, but now, after listening to her daughter and son-in-law, she feels horrible. They were going through so much pain, but none of them knew or understood it.

"Because our every moment was monitored by Mrs. Kamala. She was the one behind the death of my Ram. We didn't want to take the risk and lose the others too. Do you think it's easy for us to be cold with our children when they are our lifelines? You guys don't know about her cruelty. She would stoop low to get what she wanted. Many innocent people lost their lives because of her greed for power and money, and Aashi's parents were one of them," Sakshi said, making everyone gasp.

Suhaas, Aashi, and her grandparents eyes widened in shock. And the next moment, she collapsed in Suhaas's arms.