~ 43 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

"You guys are wrong in your position for keeping your careers above your children. You forgot to give your time to them. In running behind on your work, you forgot about the family you have to take care of. Didn't Thatha (grandpa) and Anju Atta (aunt/bua/mami) warn you to spend your time with Maya and Nandu? You started to demand them instead of showering them with love. Somewhere, I felt you thought of them as a burden instead of a responsibility." He took a deep breath and asked them, "Do you guys regret giving birth to them?"

Everyone snapped their heads at him, listening to his words. Rishi and Sakshi had tears in their eyes. Why do they regret giving birth to a part of them? But he is right in his position, isn't he?

"You guys are not like this, Atta. Then what changed? Answer yourself. You guys became so hard as rocks that you were not even able to see the pain of your children. Instead of supporting and encouraging them to achieve their dreams, you started to snatch them." He shut his eyes and continued, "Even though Maya was wrong in thinking that she could handle everything on her own. She shouldn't have followed your every word by suppressing her wishes. I didn't understand one thing. You are both pursuing the careers that you had dreamed of, so why didn't you agree when it came to your kids? Atta, I heard that you are a fierce and bold lady who stands firm with her decisions if they are right and strongly opposes the wrong things. I heard that before judging a person, you used to think a thousand times. Then why did you judge your daughter so quickly and make such a harsh decision, even though deep down you knew that she wouldn't do such things? Don't you trust your own upbringing?"

Anjali and Janaki's eyes glistened as they listened to his words. True, their sister never cared for others' opinions if she felt they were right. She fought and beat a man who had once teased Anjali to the blue and black. Anjali and Janaki used to tease Sakshi by calling her Anna (brother) instead of Akka (sister). Anjali has always felt her sister had started changing slowly into a whole new person after shifting from their village.

"What happened to that lady, Attayya? And Mavayya, I heard that you don't trust a person quickly. Then why did you trust those people on that day, who had already done enough damage to our family?" He took a pause and continued, "You guys believed someone's false accusations and trusted them over my wife, right? So, now I'm giving you guys one week's time. Prove to me that guy is innocent in this one-week period. Remember, just one week. If you guys fail, then I'll make sure they both rot in hell. And stay away from my wife. I have more to say, but I really don't know what will happen if I speak for some more time."

With that, he dragged Maya along with him to their room.

He banged on the door, making her flinch. He composed himself and moved to the balcony without speaking a word, while she followed him like a scared kitten. Well, this is the first time she's been afraid of his anger. She slowly went and stood behind him.