~ 41 ~

Sorry guys for the late update

I'm busy quite busy with my cousin engagement preparations.

I hope you guys enjoy the update.

And the chapter is not an edited one, so please bear the grammatical mistakes.

Author's POV:

The next morning, Avi is sitting on the swing in the garden, lost in his thoughts. He looked up at the sky. The morning sunbeams are peeking through the clouds, casting a rosy hue across the morning sky. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes. The cool breeze hit his face, and he could hear the faint chirping of birds. But nothing helped him to calm the storm inside his heart. He came out of his thoughts due to the continuous ringing of his mobile. 

He answered the call and said, "Hello, Arjun. Tell me."

"I'm on my way to pick you guys up," said Arjun.

Avi just hummed and cut the call and made his way to their room.

He went inside and saw Maya sleeping, clutching his pillow tightly in her arms. He went to the washroom and came out after having his shower. He put on his clothes and came and sat on the bed beside her. He caressed her hair slowly and, as if sensing his touch, a small smile appeared on her face.

"I promise you, bunny, I'll make sure that Rajesh and Chytra face hell. How dare they hurt my bunny? And I'll make sure everything falls into its place," he said, kissing her forehead and woke her up.

She lazily woke up, sat on the bed, and wished him good morning. He just nodded his head and left for the kitchen. Maya looked at him with sadness, but quickly composed herself and left to use the bathroom.

She came down and saw Avi making coffee and upma in the kitchen. She went and hugged him from the back. He took her hand in his hand and kissed it. She closed her eyes and stood there, absorbing his presence. After a while, both of them sat at the dining table eating their breakfast. He was feeding her and also having his in between while she was looking at him with all the love. Her eyes pooled with tears. She blinked her eyes to control her tears. She was about to get up from the chair, but he glared at her, making her sit back silently. Both of them had their breakfast silently. No words were exchanged between them, but both of them could understand what the other must be going through.

*******************

Maya stood at the entrance of the living room and looked at her parents talking to Vani and Gayatri. She felt weak all of a sudden and moved out. Yes, she might have challenged them and acted all strong. But now, looking at them, she felt weak. What if they do something to separate her from her Avi? She wouldn't be able to live without him. She won't lie; she would die without him in her life. In these two months, she became totally dependent on him, and a life without him seems incomplete to her. She was lost in her thoughts when she felt someone wipe her tears away. She looked up and saw Avi rubbing her tears. She didn't even realise it when the tears left her eyes. She saw Avi blinking his eyes, giving her the assurance that no one could separate her from him. She hugged him tightly while he picked her up in his arms and made his way to their room from the garden. He looked at Arjun and told him to manage, to which he assured him.