~ 52 ~

Unedited

Unedited

Author's POV:

He looked at the huge portrait of Madhav and Savitri that was hanging on the wall opposite the bed. He then looked around and saw many pictures hanging on the walls. He saw her sleeping in an uncomfortable position. He made her lie down properly and moved out. He cleaned up the mess he had created in their room. He took his laptop and some files and moved towards Madhav and Savitri's room. He sat beside her on the bed and started doing his work.

He was doing his work when he got a call from the office. After finishing the call, he looked at the time and saw that it was 1 p.m. He tapped on her shoulder and whispered, "Get up, bunny. It's lunchtime." She turned towards him and snuggled more into him. He chuckled, looking at her antics. Listening to his chuckle, Maya slowly opened her eyes, looked at him, and whispered, "Good morning." He hit her forehead and told her it was after noon, you idiot. She pouted, looking at him, and then it hit her suddenly that he was angry with her.

She got up and sat facing him. She looked at his hand, which was swollen. She glared at him while he hid his hand behind his back and smiled at her nervously. She took his hand in hers and caressed it. Tears brimmed in her eyes. She kissed his knuckles and mumbled, "Sorry."

"I'm sorry, Avi. I am really sorry. I shouldn't have spoken like that. I really didn't mean it. I can never doubt your love for me. I..." She broke into tears and hugged him tightly.

"Shh, calm down, Maya. I'm also sorry. I should have understood your inner turmoil and your insecurities. I shouldn't have forced..." She placed her hand on his mouth, cutting him.

"Never. Never speak like that. You never forced me, Avi. So, please stop talking sh*t," said Maya.

"But."

"No ifs and buts. Sit on the bed like a good boy. "I'll just come right now," Maya said firmly.

Avi nodded his head and sat there silently while Maya came back with the first aid kit. She took his hand in hers and cleaned the wound properly. She applied the ointment and started scolding him.

"You just don't know how to take care of yourself. Who will do this in anger? See how it swelled?" Maya scolded him.

"I'm accustomed to it, Maya. It's okay. I'm not feeling any pain," said Avi.

Maya pressed his hand lightly, to which he winced. She glared at him while he smiled sheepishly at her.

"Some idiot is saying that I'm not feeling any pain." She said imitating him. "Stupid fellow. You sit here. I'll go and bring food for us."

She was about to get up when he pulled her towards him, making her land on his hard chest. He tucked her hair strands behind her ear and pulled her closer to him. She placed her hand on his chest. He blew air in her ear, making her quiver. She whispered "Avi" slowly and clutched his arm tightly. His one hand was caressing her waist while the other one was playing with her hair. He joined his forehead with hers and closed his eyes.