~ 8 ~

Avi's pov :

Avi's pov :

I was lying on the mattress that I'd spread on my terrace, gazing at the stars, and enjoying the cool breeze sweeping against my body. I've this habit of sharing my happiness and agony with them.

Stars are one of the wonderful creations of God. I don't know why, but I find peace gazing at those bright stars dazzling in the dark sky, as if assuring me that you are not alone in the darkness.

It's because of my grandfather, I got attached to these stars this much. Mostly we used to go there during my summer vacation. I used to sleep beside him on the lawn, gazing at those stars and listening to the tales he used to narrate. I miss cuddling him, miss the stories that he used to narrate, and going to our farms with him, everything. I'm a big foodie just like him. Everyone who knows my Amma's father used to say that I'm his carbon copy in most of the aspects.

He was the one who introduced my little angel to me. She was a tiny baby of a few hours when I saw her for the first time. My Thathayya(grandpa) brought her to me and placed her in my lap. She was so tiny and very fragile. She was wrapped in a pink towel and looked so cute. My cute little angel. It was my 4th birthday that year, we were all enjoying my birthday when my Attayya got a sudden pain in her abdomen. I have never known that one day I would deeply fall in love with her. It's true, we never know what's written in our fate. We are just like those pieces of chess where God is the player.

No-one can replace the place of grandparents in our life, me and Maya are quite close to them, so I can understand how she must have felt today. She was a 6-year-old when Savitri Ammamma and Jaya Ammamma died.

Let me tell you, when she was with Savitri Ammamma (maternal grandma/Nani) she used to do all naughty things, and she did not even use to allow me and our cousins near her. I still remember, how she used to pull Arjun's hair and hide his homework book if he used to sleep in Ammamma's lap. Poor boy, his teacher always used to complain that he wasn't doing his homework properly, and sometimes he used to get beaten too. When he used to come to scold her, she used to give her famous toothless grin and share her ice-cream with him, melting all his anger. She used to roam around Ammamma like a bee holding her pallu.

Today when I saw her looking at Vansh and Varsha with lots of emotions who were playing with thier grandparents, I know she must be missing them. Even I remembered my old days with them, so I consoled her by saying that they are always with us in our hearts giving their blessings from up, but she started crying more. Her tears are always my weakness. When she hugged me, I was shocked at first, but then I hugged her back. With her in my arms, I felt home.

I was on cloud nine when she asked me would I hold her hand forever. I didn't knew how to express my happiness, so I just hugged as my life depends on her. But, when she asked me if I would leave her I felt a pang in my heart. I can feel that she is feeling insecure, but I don't know why. The way she hugged me, as if I would disappear and behaving like a child reminded of those old days when we were kids.