~ 37 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Avi clenched his fist tightly after listening to Maya. He mentally noted each and every abusive word that Bastard threw at his Bunny. He will definitely make sure that he and his sister face hell. He opened his mobile and messaged someone. He is damn possessive and protective of his loved ones. That day, he left Chytra as she was a girl, and he thought she would realise her mistakes and change her behaviour. But it looks as if she didn't learn from her mistakes. He noticed her behaviour on their engagement day, and he also heard her take Arjun's name. Wasn't she the one who ditched Arjun during their engagement and put the blame on him? Now that he is happily moving on in his life, what the hell does she want again? Both the brother-sister duo had done enough damage in Arjun and Maya's lives. Now, he will make sure they pay for their mistakes.

He is damn angry with his Bunny. How dare she hide all these things from him? The only thing he hates about her is her selflessness. She thought that everyone was already suffering because of what happened in the past and hid this matter within herself, but not her pain.

And that bastard took advantage of that. He remembered Surya telling him that Vyshali had come to meet Arjun. Does she also know about her so-called brother's atrocities? Since the time he had seen her on the hospital bed on Arjun's birthday, he had increased security around her and also changed her mobile number.

From the security head, he came to know that Vyshali and her mother, Gowri, visited their house yesterday. And nobody talked about their visit in front of him. He also came to know how her mother had told everyone not to talk about their visit in front of him. But why? What are they trying to hide from him? Is there something else that he should know? There were so many questions running through his mind. And only she can give answers to all those questions.

But above all these questions, a question was raised in his heart. Will he be able to forgive her? His heart and mind definitely need some space. His eyes pooled with tears—tears of anger and frustration. He felt angry with himself for not being able to protect her. He felt he had failed to protect her. She was going through pain, and he didn't even know that. He was enjoying his life while she was in distress.

He was lost in his world of emotions while Maya continued talking about her past, which was going to break him more.

"After that day, he never called me again. I made sure I had blocked him on all the social media platforms. But his words always haunted me, especially at night. I started having nightmares again. And on top of that, that hostel environment made me feel worse. I didn't know how my classmates got to know about Rajesh's proposal. They used to tease me by shipping with his name. I used to feel disgusted whenever they did that. I told them many times that he was nobody to me, but they didn't listen. I asked them how they got to know about him. Then one of my friends told me that they saw him when he came to meet me a few times near the hostel and college. I knew that he had come to meet me. I even received gifts, flowers, and chocolates in my name, but I neither received them nor met him. I used to return them and warn the watchman not to allow that man near the hostel premises.