~ 24 ~

Author's pov:

Author's pov:

Maya and Avi are busy sleeping in each other's arms, dreaming about their future. And our naughty sun has been trying to wake them up for the past half an hour. Maya snuggled more into Avi, while he nuzzled his face into her neck and covered his face with her hair. Feeling ticklish, Maya opened her eyes slowly and looked at her hubby dear who was busy snoring with his mouth slightly open. 

She chuckled, looking at him. She caressed his hair and lied there, admiring his face. She kissed his forehead and detached herself from him. She bent down a little and pecked his lips lightly. She ran to the washroom quickly before her husband woke up.

She came out of the bathroom after freshening up and saw Avi sitting on the bed, rubbing his eyes with a pout on his face. 

"Cute," Maya thought in her mind, looking at her husband.

She took all his essentials, placed them on the couch, and moved towards him. As soon as she reached the bed, Avi pulled her, making her fall onto the bed. Maya looked at him wide-eyed. Before she could say anything, he had shut her up by placing his lips on hers. Soon, he broke the kiss and placed a long kiss on her forehead, caressed her back to calm her raging breath, and took her in his arms while she hid her face in his neck, feeling shy. He chuckled, looking at her. 

"What was that?" asked Maya, breaking the hug.

"I have just finished what you have started," said Avi, shrugging his shoulders. 

He pulled her close to him and started playing with her hair. After some time, he broke the hug and went to freshen up, but not before pecking her lips again. She got up from the bed and adjusted her clothes properly. She made the bed and went to the dressing table. She wore her bangles, braided her hair, and applied vermilion to her hair partition.

She took the gift from her closet, which she had bought for him a long time ago with her first salary, but didn't give it to him. She placed it on the dressing table, attached a note to it, and moved down.

************************

Maya went to the kitchen and saw her mother-in-law preparing breakfast. 

She went inside and hugged her from the back and greeted her, "Good morning, Attayya."

"Good morning, Ammu," Vani greeted her back with a smile.

"What are you preparing?" asked Maya.

"Rava dosa and upma with coconut chutney and ginger chutney," said Vani.

"Umm, yummy! Do you need any help?" asked Maya.

"No need. You sit here and have this," she said, giving her beetroot juice.

"Should I drink this now?" asked Maya, making a bad face. 

"Of course," said Vani.

Maya sat there drinking the juice with a poker face.

"When will Ammamma come?" asked Maya.

"After a week," said Vani.

"Oh!"

"Ammu?"