~ 38 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

"Surya and Anna went to talk with him and warned him by showing the arrest warrant. And after that, he didn't bother me until a few months ago."

"I was so happy when I got placed in the campus placements in the third year. And my happiness doubled when we were all placed in the same company. 40 LPA and a 2-year bond. Who would want to reject such an offer? When I called Nanna and Amma to share my happiness with them, they just said OKAY. When I called and informed the rest of the family members, they jumped for joy and threw a party. Can't they just appreciate my hard work, Avi? I had always done whatever they told me to. I never disobeyed their words. I even gave up on my dream just for them, Avi. I have always wanted to ask them where they hid my parents, who understood me and fulfilled all my wishes even before I told them. I tried Avi, and I did my best not to cry every night when I saw their behaviour. But I couldn't help. Every night was like a battle for me. On one hand, there are those haunting memories of my past, and on the other hand, there is the ignorance of my parents."

"I miss my Amma, who used to make me sleep in her lap and sing a lullaby to make me sleep. I miss my Nanna, who used to carry me on his shoulders and cook my favourite food. You know, Avi, Anju Maa told me that my Nanna had learned to cook for me. When I was four years old, I became ill after eating outside food. And the other day, I nagged about having the same food. So he learned that recipe and cooked it for me for the first time. The man who had never entered the kitchen in his 30 years of life had learned to cook for me. You know, right? Amma doesn't eat non-vegetarian food. Damn, she even hates its smell. She never cooked it, even for my father. It was always Ammamma or Nanamma who cooked non-vegetarian meals. However, she has learned all of the non-vegetarian recipes and cooks for me because I enjoy non-vegetarian food. When Anju Maa told me this, I was really overwhelmed. If they loved me this much, then what changed, Avi? I have always wanted to ask them this question, but I have stopped myself every time."

"I know they are working hard for me and Nandan. But what's the use when they fail to understand us and spend time with us? I know they love us a lot, Avi. Sometimes I feel pity for myself when I look at you guys. I've seen Janaki Maa take time from her busy schedule to spend time with Akka and Anna. I've seen Babai (uncle/chacha) taking care of Anna when he is ill, as Janu Maa has to attend an important surgery. I've seen you four go out for movies, shopping, and dinner. Jhansi Atta and Sravya always go out together, ditching Mavayya. Mavayya and Sravya go on ice cream dates every weekend night. Adi Dadda left an important deal to take care of me when that incident happened. Anju Maa almost left her career for Vicky. Surya and Taara Akka never miss a chance to be pampered by Niranjana Aunty and Srinivas Uncle. Anitha Atta and Pranav go on a date every Sunday. I know some things changed after the divorce of Anitha Atta and Vijaya Maa, but still, they never left an opportunity to spend time with their children. But my parents didn't even have time to spare a glance at us. If they had a talk, it was always related to my studies and health."