~ 50 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Avi was sleeping peacefully on the bed due to tiredness when the intercom began ringing continuously. He got up lazily and sat on the bed. He answered the call, and it was a call from his mother asking him to come for dinner. He looked around and found the other side of the bed empty. He got used to having her beside him every day. Now, looking at the empty side made him sad. He moved to the washroom, quickly freshened up, and moved down. Though he was in no mood to eat, his stomach growled as he hadn't had lunch in the afternoon.

He saw everyone waiting for him at the dining table. He greeted them and settled down along with the youngsters. He had his dinner quietly and came back to the room. He locked the door, called someone, and cancelled all the bookings he had made for the two days. He took out a cigar from the secret drawer and sat on the balcony.

He looked at the dark sky. The pale crescent moon is shining in all its glory in the sky, flooding the silvery light over everything. And a group of stars are scattered around the moon, decorating the sky. He threw the cigar away because he knew Maya disliked it when people smoked. He sighed and got up. He went inside, brought a blanket and the teddy, and settled himself on the small bed that Maya had arranged on their balcony. He closed the glass doors of the balcony, covered himself with the blanket, hugged the teddy, and tried his best to go to sleep.

He took his phone and dialled Maya's number. But no one answered the call from the other side. He dialled again three or four times, but after getting no response, he was disappointed. Finally, after tossing on the bed for an hour, he slowly drifted into sleep.

************************

On the other hand, Maya forgot her mobile downstairs. She had some fruit and went to her room. She took out the canvas and the paint and placed them on the balcony. She started painting the view in front of her. After an hour, she completed the painting and sat there on the swing, enjoying the view in front of her.

She looked for her phone and started searching for it. Finally, she found it downstairs. She went to her room, locked the door, and laid down on the bed. She unlocked her phone and saw many calls and messages from the family. She saw that the last call was from Avi. She thought to call him, but she dropped the idea because of the time.

She tried to sleep, but after tossing and turning a lot on the bed, she got down off the bed, took her laptop, and started watching "Friends." She fell asleep around midnight while watching it.

************************

Maya was sleeping peacefully when she heard some sounds from outside. She sat on the bed and clutched the bedsheet in fear. Her body was trembling in fear as she listened to the sounds, and fear crept into her heart. She slowly got off the bed and reached for the door. The knock on the door became louder, and she clutched her dress in fear.