Chapter 31

Chiyo Pov

I go over my fuinjutsu under the shade of the tree Naruto collapses next to me, "I can't move anymore." I laugh a little and out his head in my lap, "Well you have been working all day." Touchan walks up holding out popsicle sticks to us, "Here you guys go." Naruto sits up and the three of us sit back to back, "You know kid everyone who knows you can see it plain as day Kakashi, Sakura, Tsunade, Chiyo even myself. Every single one of us knows how hard you've been working lately and the only mystery is how do you keep it up."

"Guess I just don't like the idea of giving up. And I promised Chiyo I would help get Sasuke back, I don't want to relay on you to do everything anymore ya'know." I hum a little, "Well it's my job to look after you knucklehead and trust me when I say your going to remember the face Sasuke makes when he acknowledges everything you have done."

I get a snore it response as I chew on the popsicle stick, "And you Chiyo you inspire everyone around you to become stronger, protecting those around you. The amount of effort you put into anything always amazes me even when it seems impossible you make it work even if you blow yourself up in the process."

"Arigato Touchan." My eyes begin to grow heavy and soon I find myself falling asleep as well.

Jiraiya Pov

I feel Chiyo's body relax so I look over my shoulder and smile seeing her sleeping soundlessly, she's always tense. But with everything that is going on I can understand why, I look up at the sky and see a messenger bird. It flies down landing on my arm, I grab the message.

I read the message and my eyes widen slightly, I quickly adjust Chiyo and Naruto against each other. I shouldn't tell them about the Akatsuki, "Hey you two get up." Gamakichi and Gamatatsu get up slowly, "I have a few things to take care of so I'm heading out. I want both of you guys to go back to the Leaf Village help Naruto with his training okay."

"No problem you can count on us." I smile and look back at them, keep growing the both of you. Your both worthy of the title Hokage one day.

Chiyo Pov

When both me and Naruto wake up Gamakichi tells us that he said he had some business to attend to. I frown and look out into the woods, does this business have to do with the Akatsuki? "Look Naruto there's nothing we can do about him leaving. Let's get back to the village and you can continue your training there okay."

He grumbles but nods, going back to the inn we gather our things and begin our journey home. My hand twitches, I can feel eyes on us but as long as they don't make any moves against us I won't do anything.

We walk back threw the night, "We finally made it, Chiyo can we stop at Ichiraku first before we start training." I laugh a little, "Yes Naruto we can, I can't have you passing out from hunger now can I."

"Naruto I bet you where working on a pretty good jutsu out at the hotspring. So I might as well show you the Sexy jutsu I've been working on." I immediately go an whack him in the head, "Ow!" I put my hands on my hips, "If your going to be a baka like Naruto there's a time and place for that jutsu so come with us for some ramen."

He grumbles rubbing his head but decides to join us anyway, after eating our fill we head out to a training ground. "Oneechan!!!" I look up surprised when Kasumi hops out of the trees, "Kasumi how did you know I was back."

She smirks a little, "I've been training in my sensory ability's, gramps sent me over here because he want's to see you." I raise a brow, "Did he say way?" She shrugs, "Nope that old man is hard to predict sometimes." I ruffle her hair and she slaps my hand away, "Well Naruto seems like I need to go you know where to find me." He waves me off and I place a hand on Kasumi's shoulder teleporting us to gramps house in a burst of flames.

"So where is he?" Kasumi shrugs heading to the kitchen, I shake my head and decide to go to the back. Gramps was standing there on the back porch just looking outside. I stand right next to him and lean against the pole, "You wanted to see me?"

He let's out a puff of smoke and I snatch the pipe right out of his mouth, "You really need to quiet." He chuckles, "It's a hard habit to brake but I guess I'll give it a try just like Asuma seeing as Im going to have another grandchild soon." I chuckle a little, "Man your old." His expression changes, "Chiyo what is your dream?" I look at him sort of surprised he asked that question, "If I'm being honest I've never really thought about it."

I close my eye's feeling the wind in my hair, aware that the old man was staring at me. "In the beginning it was making sure I survived, then make sure Sumi had everything she needed. Then you guys captured me and you gave me a chance to have a normal life not hiding who I actually was. As soon as I made friends the only thing I wanted was to protect them too and this village. I grew to care for it and will do anything to protect it..."

I pause, "But I want peace that way family's aren't torn apart and people aren't living in fear. Complete peace might be impossible but I think we can achieve something close to it. And if the need for me to give up my life ever came to reach that goal then I will gladly do so."

I open my eye's and look over at him, "You know I didn't believe when I was told you could sound like a wise old soul but I know it's true now." I feel my face heat up, "Gramp's I do not!!"

He lets out a chuckle patting me gentle on the back, I can't help but pout I do not. "If the position of Hokage was ever offered to you would you take it?" I rise a brow and snort, "I mean I guess but there are people who would be better at it than I would. Plus I would never hear the end of it from Naruto." He smiles a little, "That's true."

"I just want to serve this village and it's people anyway I can, so I don't really care." He hum's and moves down the steps pausing and looking at me over his shoulder, "How about you come spar with me." I smile teasingly, "Are you sure gramps I don't want you to brake a hip."

I rock hits me in my arm and I rub it in pain, what the hell when did he get a rock?! My eye twitches as he smirks a little at me, "I would be more concerned about yourself seems like your reflexes are a little slow."

"Oh it's so on Gramps I'm going to make you eat those words!"