Chapter 42

Naruto Pov

I groan into my pillow as someone bangs on my door, "Oniichan!!! Get your lazy butt up!" Ugh what does Kasumi want she normally bugs Chiyo not me. I sit up and go towards the door throwing it open, "What do you want?"

She puts her hands on her hips, "I want you to help me train." I cross me arms, "Why don't you ask Old man 3rd?" Kasumi puffs out her cheeks, "Because I want to challenge Oneechan to a fight when she gets back and she's trained with the old man too. I need moves from someone else, please help me train."

I smirk, "Only if you say you like me better than Chiyo." She snorts, "Fine I like you better than Oneechan your so smarter." Before I can say anything a voice cuts me off, "There you two are come with me Lady Fifth summons you both." I look over and notice Kakashi-sensei, what could Granny Tsunade want with both me and Kasumi?

I close the door and get dressed quickly, when we get closer to the Hokage building I notice Chief toad, "Hey Gamakichi what are you doing here? What's going on did something happen?" Gamakichi looks down for a second and Kasumi holds my hand surprising me a little, "Well actually uhhh-!"

"Gamakichi keep your trap shut let the Boss and Tsunade handle this they know what they are doing." Kasumi tugs my hand, "Come on lets go see what she wants Oniichan." Kakashi-sensei closes the door behind us and I notice everyone in the room had weird expressions on there faces. Sakura had her back towards me but her fist where clenched, "Old man sage shouldn't you be on the mountain." I look at Kasumi then the super old toad, "You have grown too Kasumi and this must be Jiraiya boy's student right?"

"Yes this is Naruto Uzumaki one of the child of prophecy you spoke of."

"What's with the super old frog just who is he?" Granny glares at me, "Watch your mouth Naruto he's one of the two Great Sages of Mount Myoboku he came all the way here to speak with both you and Kasumi." Kasumi pinch's my side causing me to yelp in pain, "Hey what was that for?!"

"You where probably going to say something rude again. So I'm saving you from it that Old man sage taught Touchan his sage arts so he's Touchan's master." My eyes widen, "Your Pervy-Sages Master." The geezer frog laughs, "Hahaha so you call him the Pervy-sage I've never heard of a more fitting name for Jiraiya boy."

"What does this Geezer Sage want why did you come all the way here just to talk with us?" Geezer Sage sighs, "I'm not exactly sure where to begin this let me see...I suppose the most important thing is I'm afraid Jiraiya boy and young Chiyo has died in battle."

It felt like the air was knocked out of my lungs, "N-No what are you talking about Old man Sage there's no way Oneechan and Touchan died..." I look at Kasumi who had tears gathering in her eyes, "I know that this is very sudden so I understand if you two don't believe me. For some time rumors where going on that the leader of the Akatsuki was working out of the Village Hidden in the Rain. So Jiraiya Boy when there in person to make sure these rumors where true."

"The Leader of the Akatsuki was in the Hidden Rain Village." I just stare ahead at granny how could she just let Pervy sage go there. "Jiraiya boy encountered Pain the Leader of the Akatsuki however Pain was a former student of Jiraiya from many many years ago. I don't know the details but Jiraiya boy called him Nagato."

"But to defeat a shinobi like Jiraiya how exactly did Pain do that?"

"That's because he posses the Rinnegan."

"Rinnegan?"

Shizune gulps a little, "It's a visual power that was said to be posed by the father of all shinobi but I thought it was all legend." Geezer sage nods, "It was said its power was beyond anything you can imagen but there is more there was six rinnegan users. Chiyo believed there was a trick to them, from my understanding she wasn't even meant to be there. But it was a good thing in the end otherwise I don't think Jiraiya boy would have lasted as long."

Even having received blows in place of her Touchan she held back all six Pains back giving Jiraiya boy enough time to leave this message." Geezer Sage removes his robes showing numbers on his back, "I'm sure he did this to keep Pain from catching on just before I left Pain send odd weapons threw Chiyo's flames piecing them. That's all I know from there efforts...."

"I wonder what he was trying to tell us maybe we can decode this, then hopefully we can understand." Kasumi lets go of my hand and runs out of the room slamming the door behind her, Sakura goes after her.

"You let him go isn't that right Granny, and I'm sure you knew that Chiyo would rush to save him no matter what." I glare at her as she closes her eyes for a second, "That's right."

"Why would you ever let him do something so risky you knew those two better than anyone! How could you send him somewhere so dangerous knowing Chiyo would go!"

"Cut it out Naruto you of all people should know Lady Tsunade's feelings." I clench my fist and turn towards the door, "If Pervy-sage was the Fifth Hokage he wouldn't have let Granny Tsunade take a risk like that, then Chiyo would have never gone as well." I open the door and walk out ignoring the aching in my chest I set out to find Kasumi.

I find her in the place Chiyo always went to clear her mind, I stand next to her. "S-She can't be gone she promised me..." I grab her hand and pull her into me, I can feel her body tense.

"Let it out Sumi....." Her body begins to shake and she clenches my shirt letting out loud heart-breaking cries, I rest my chin on her head.

I think back on one of my favorite memories with them both....

Flashback

I grumble a little, "Why do I have to be the one to jump out and scare her." Pervy-sage sighs, "Because it's going to take skills to lead her out here. And those skills are something you don't have yet, now you said you want to get Chiyo back for always sneaking up on you right?"

I nod my head and he grins, "All right then listen to the Great Toad sage I know what I'm doing." He runs down the path towards where Chiyo was training when I hear a high-pitch scream, was that Chiyo?

"Ya know if you and my old man are going to try and get me back make sure I'm not near by." I scream loudly and turn around to find a tied up Pervy-sage next to her, I smile nervously. "I-It wasn't like that it wasn't my idea it was his. C-!" She holds her hand up and I shut my mouth, "I'll be nice and give you a five second headstart." I bolt without another thought hearing Chiyo cackle behind me.

End of Flashback

I smile sadly as the wind blows threw my hair, they can't be gone can they......