Chapter 56

Chiyo pov
I mean against a post near the gate waiting for Naruto, "All right I'm ready to go!" I push off of it and walk towards him with a smile, "Ready for your big mission?"

He grins at me, "You know it I'm ready to meet the octopus super geezer sage was talking about from the prophecy." I chuckle a little and turn towards Yamato, "I leave him in your hands." Before he can say anything Gai was in front of me with both hands on my shoulder, "Don't worry my Lady Naruto is in safe hands with the power of youth I won't let anything happen."

I chuckle a little awkward and slowly back away, "Well all of you stay safe." Yamato nods, "We will..." I give him a reassuring smile and hug Naruto tightly.

"What's with the hug you act like this will be the last time we see each other." I rest my chin on his shoulder, "Just let me hug you baka." I let him go a second later and wave them off, "You know you could have said bye to him Oniisan, Touchan."

They land on either side of me, "It would have seemed off if we did. Naruto is a baka sometimes but he would have sense something was off." Kakashi-nii pats my head, "Now come on Imouto we still have things we need to prepare." I sigh a little and watch Narutos retreating figure please stay safe you knucklehead.

Arriving at Kaachans office I smile seeing Sakura, Ino and Choji there. Kaachan looks at me and hands me a map, "Chiyo I want you to lead a team consisting of Sakura, Ino and Choji to this island. Its a treasure trove of herbs that we can use to make medicine and food pills."

I look it over, "Hai but shouldn't I be doing something else?" She leans back in her chair, "Right now this is most important give a list of whatever weapons you are going to need to your Touchan. Along with any fuinjutsu supplies that your gonna need some we can have it ready for you."

I nod, "Hai we leave immediately correct?" She nods, "As soon as you can." I turn to the others, "Go to your homes and pack for 4 weeks at most then meet at the gates in 10 minutes." The other two leave out the door and Sakura lingers behind.

I grab her hand and body flicker use to the new Senju mansion. Since I always have scrolls ready I help her put things into a different set of scrolls I had and seal them in my wrist.

After a quick goodbye to Kasumi we head to the gate.

(Time skip 2 days)

We had arrived at the island a day ago, the waters around where rough. Sakura asked me to go with her for a walk when we spot a familiar blonde, "Hai Naruto!"

He looks over at us in surprise and I help Yamato carry Gai over to our camp where Ino can look him over. I draw simple shapes in the dirt while Sakura explains to Naruto what we are doing here.

"Chiyo!" I jump a little and look up only to find Sakura looking at me in concern, "Are you okay?" I force a smile, "Ya I'm fine I just got a lot on my mind." Naruto groans, "I feel like I should do something important ya'know." I dust myself off and stand then help Sakura up.

"Well while Gai recovers why don't you help us gather the herbs." He ponders for a moment the jumps up, "All right let's go!"

We follow Ino as she leads us to different spots but we barely found any of the herbs we need. "Man and Lady Tsunade said there would be plenty herbs here." I frown and look around, "Hey look over here these would make great food pills." Before Choji can grab the herbs kunai land in front of them, so they finally decide to make themselves known.

"Woah woah woah those are our herbs we found them first." I zone out a little, "Kid what's bothering you."

"I don't see why you ask when you can look into my mind if you want Touma." He scoffs a little, "Just because I can doesn't mean I will now what's bothering you kid?" I don't respond for a minute, "I'm worried I won't be able to protect my friends....."