Chapter 73

Chiyo pov
When everyone was released from the Tsuki-no-mi we gathered all of our dead and went back to our respective villages. In the leaf we built a memorial to remember all of those who lost there lives in the war.

When the memorial was over both Naruto and I where admitted to the hospital. With how severe the burns to his lower left arm it had to be amputated. Guilt was the only thing I felt when I was told the news. I mean after all it was my barrier that caused it. But Naruto being the knucklehead he is told me it wasn't my fault. That I warned him about the damage it would cause to him.

Kaachan, Gramps and Touchan told me I would be retaking my position as the 6th Hokage when I recover. But for now Kakashi-nii is going to fill in for me. Which I'm thankful for because there is no way in hell I want to deal with all that paperwork just yet.

Now Naruto and I sit outside of the hospital speaking to Killer Bee, A, Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari.

"So Senju your going to take the Hokage's hat back right."

"Hai but I've been told my recovery is most important right now." He nods with a smirk, "Seems like the Leaf is finally making some good choices." I chuckle lightly, "So how are your wounds doing you two?" Naruto grins, "Oh about as well as you can expect and our arms shouldn't be a problem for too long. Because Granny Tsunade said something about using Hashirama's cells and fusion with our own."

I open my mouth to say something when I feel Kakashi-nii chakra flare. I stand up with a sigh, "Gomen but it seems like I have business to deal with." I teleport to his location and he pushes the door to the prison open.

"After you Imouto." I roll my eyes playfully as well head inside going to the darkest part of the jail. I nod at Ibiki as he stands from his chair and bows slightly.

Turning to the cell I eye the seal that runs all over his chains that I created.

"Sasuke." He turns our head in our direction, "Kakashi, Chiyo finally here to tell me when my execution date is?" I scoff slightly, "Sasuke if I wanted you dead, I would have finished you off at the Valley of End. But like I told you before your important to Kakashi-nii, Naruto and Sakura.  So I along with my parents and Kakashi-nii we pulled some strings. Your going to be pardon for your crimes and being granted your wish to be able to roam and help those in need. Of course it also helped that you where a major help during the war."

He stays quiet for a moment, "When do I leave?"

"Tomorrow at noon." Kakashi-nii says in a bored tone his hands in his pockets. We go over all the details with him by the time we make our way out of the prison it was already dark out.

We part ways and when I get home I take my shoes off by the door. Following the smell of food to the kitchen my heart warms at the sight. There cooking in the kitchen was Kaachan, Kasumi, Shizune and Sakura. Kasumi notices me first, "Welcome home Oneechan."

She comes over to me giving me a hug as Kaachan and Sakura smile at us.

"Sakura why don't you take Chiyo upstairs to change her bandages." She nods drying her hands off on a rag, "Hai, Kasumi can you watch the rice for me?" Kasumi wiggles her eyebrows, "Don't have to much fun up there."

I smack her in the back of the head, "Ow you asshole!"

"You've been hanging out with Touchan too much." I mutter as she glares at me and I glare right back, "Alright that's enough you two, Chiyo go get your bandages changed now." Kaachan scolds us as Sakura takes my hand dragging me upstairs to our shared room. Setting down on the bed I watch as Sakura disappears into the bathroom. She comes out of the bathroom with a fresh roll of bandages and ointment.

I left my arm up as she pulls my shirt off and watch her in awe. The way she gently works with care cleaning my wounds and wrap my torso in new bandages. She finally lifts her head up catching my stare, "What?"

Instead of answering I simply lean down slightly capturing her lips with my own. She cups my face gently reproaching the kiss. I lean back and rest my forehead against hers. We quietly stare at each other, her thumb stroking my cheek.

"What's wrong?" I sigh quietly, "We're releasing Sasuke tomorrow at noon. I was wanting to know if you would like to go with me to see him off."

"Only if you want me to go. I want to support you anyway I can." She wraps her arms around my neck and I pull her gently into my lap. Her knees on either side of me, I run my thumb over her bottom lip. Tugging it down slightly,  "I love you." She smiles and leans down, "I love you too."

Just as our lips brush against each other there's banging on the door. I groan in annoyance recognizing the chakra signature on the otherside.

"Hey you guys foods ready, you better not be doing the nasty!" I growl as Sakura hides her faces in my shoulder, "Kasumi you better run before I come out this room!" Her footsteps fade along with her laughter. Sakura laughs lightly, "Come on let's get downstairs before Shizune comes up next."

"Oh trust me Kaachan would come instead and she would kick that door down."

(Timeskip noon)

I hold Sakura's hand in my own as Kakashi-nii says some final words to Sasuke.

"Chiyo." I gaze at Sasuke blankly feeling Sakura squeeze my hand slightly.

"What is it Uchiha?" He stares at me for a moment, "I know I cannot change what I've done. And the trust I broke with you cannot be easily fixed. But will work to earn it and maybe one day we can stand side by side as comrades again."

I'm caught off guard by his words but manage a slight smirk, "You've got a long long longgg way to go and a lot of work to do then Sasuke.....but I look forward to the day I know I can trust you without a doubt." I let go of Sakura's hand and hold my hand out to him. His lip twitches slightly as he grasp my own in a firm handshake the wind blowing softly.

After a few more brief words with Sasuke he soon disappears down the path.

"You know I'm sort of surprised Naruto didn't come to see Sasuke off."

"No he did but some come but somethings need to be said and done alone without anyone else around." I take Sakura's hand in my own once more as the three of us head back inside the gates.

"We'll see you later Oniisan." He waves at us, "Have a nice day you two." He disappears in a poof of smoke, "Let's go get some dango my love." Sakuras cheeks gain a tint of pink but she nods with a smile, "Let's go then but we have to be quick. I want you check the progress of the artificial arm with Lady Tsunade and Shizune." I whine playfully pulling her closer to me burying my face in her neck.

"But I just want to spend some relaxing time with you alone. Before I'm drowning in paperwork that comes with the Hokage hat."

She runs her fingers threw my hair, "We have the rest of our lives to spend together. And I promise when you take back the Hokage position I'll come rescue you from the evil paperwork."

I laugh lifting my head up and placing a  kiss on her cheek, "My hero now let's go get that Dango."

For once in my life I feel like I'm finally at......peace.