Kai vs. Tsuki

You make the first move, baby." Tsuki said as they walked to the center of the field together.

"Mom!" Kai said through gritted teeth,"Don't call me baby in front of my friends!"

Tsuki rolled her eyes and they separated and faced each other.

They both activated their Chojougan.

Instead of a frontal attack, Kai decided to try and trip his mother by pulling on the air chakra behind her and knock her forward. It temporarily made her stumble but, Tsuki counteracted with her own gush of wind headed in the opposite direction to cancel out the force.

"Wow, Kai look at you with that surprise attack." Tsuki mused.

Kai threw three lightning infused shuriken at his mother and ran forward which Tsuki blocked after pulling out a kunai from her pouch.

At the last second he slid in between her legs threw a few punches and kicks, all met with a block from Tsuki. They got into a Taijutsu fight, and Kai was really holding his own.

Tsuki put out two fingers laced with a small amount of chakra lightning and poked Kai's chest, giving him a slight shock.

"Ow! That hurt!" Kai said

"Time out!" Tsuki yelled,"Kai, you can't leave-"

"An opening for the enemy to strike. Yeah yeah I know...." Kai finished her sentence.

"Good." Tsuki smiled,"Then don't do it!"

They continued in their Taijutsu battle, when suddenly, she made a wrong move and stabbed Kai into his side with a kunai.

He cried out and fell to his knees.

Tsuki panicked,"Oh god! Fuck, what have I done?!"

'Wait.' Tsuki thought to herself,' Why isn't Kakashi running toward Kai at all?"

Tsuki sighed and put two fingers up to infuse chakra,"Release!"

Kai had trapped her in a genjutsu, and he had snuck up behind and landed a kick to her back.

Poof!

Tsuki disappeared and substituted a log in her placed.

"Aww come on! Why do you and dad always gotta do that?!" Kai yelled in frustration looking around for his mother.

"Your genjutsu is getting better, Kai, but you need to incorporate all of your surroundings when using it." Tsuki said as she pounced on him from the trees.

Kakashi heard more scribbling as other students took notes.

Kai made some quick hands signs,"Earth Style: Mud Wall!" He created a large wall in front of him to block Tsuki from getting to him.

Kakashi watched with his hands clasped together resting on his lips, smiling, so proud of his son. Kakashi never put pressure on them to be talented shinobi, he trained them just he would any other student, they were just good. And even then, Kakashi and Tsuki didn't train them all the time, they learned a lot of stuff at the academy. He felt that they would one day surpass him.

As if his heart couldn't get any warmer, Kanari wrapped her arm around her dad's and rested her head on his bicep, while watching her mom and Kai spar.

Goddamn, he loved his kids.

One of the other dad's patted Kakashi on the back,"Your son's grown into quite the little man there! He's so strong, Lord Sixth!"

Kakashi loved hearing compliments about his children, he loved bragging about them too, but he decided to remain humble in the presence of his citizens.

"Thank you." Kakashi replied with a closed eye smile,"But they're certainly not alone I'm sure there's plenty of other talented children at the academy."

There were whispers in the back from some students.

"Ugh! Kai is always such a show off!" One boy said

"You're just mad because he's better at everything than you are!" A girl retorted.

Kakashi chuckled. But his attention turned back to Kai and Tsuki, who were still going head to head.

Neither Tsuki or Kakashi were fighting at their full strength, but instead fought at the strength of the average enemy, which there weren't many nowadays because peace across the village and the rest of the world had been restored for the most part, aside from the occasional rogue events.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Kai yelled as three more of him appeared to continue fighting.

Kakashi breathed a sigh of relief, he knew that jutsu was going to be on the exam tomorrow, and he's glad Kai mastered it.

In fact, that was the first jutsu Naruto ever taught him.

Tsuki now had to fight off four versions of her son, who came at her with ferocity. What she didn't know was that the real version of her son ran behind her to a nearby puddle.

He wrapped his chakra around the water and snaked it around Tsuki's body, pinning her arms to her sides and immobilizing her completely. This time the crowd of parents and children cheered for him

"Ha! I win this time!" Kai yelled.

Could Tsuki have used her Chojougan to get out of this?

Yes.

But the average enemy wouldn't have been able to, so she conceded.

"Alright, alright, put me down, kid." She joked. Kai released the water and they both deactivated their Chojougan.

"I hope I get put on a genin team with one of them!"

"You have a lot to learn from those two."

"Dad, how do I get one of those eyes?" "You can't son that Kekkei genkai belongs to the Hatake clan!"

"Of course they're talented, they're Lord Hokage and Lady Hatake's children what did you expect?"

The voices of the people behind them got further away as the crowd dispersed and went back to their own training.

"You guys did very very well. I'm extremely proud to be your father." Kakashi said once Kai and Tsuki made their way back to them.

"You guys did wonderful." Tsuki said placing a kiss on both their foreheads,"You're forsure going to pass tomorrow, but if you don't, it's not the end of the world and you shouldn't feel bad for it."

"But we probably shouldn't train anymore than that, you should reserve your chakra for tomorrow. Where do you guys want to eat?" Kakashi added

"ICHIRAKU!" They yelled in unison.

Kakashi laughed,"Okay well let's get moving."

The powerhouse family of four walked to Ichiraku together for some dinner.