Flashback: Curse Mark Pt. 2

"I figured I'd find you here.." Kakashi approached Tsuki carefully, so as not to spook her.

She was sitting in front of the graves of her parents and of Kakashi's father with her arms atop her knees that were bent and pressed against her chest. Her forehead rested on her arms so she could sob as silently as possible.

She found comfort in talking to her parents and Sakumo-sensei, even if they didn't talk back.

She sniffled hard and rested her chin on her knees.

"I love you..?" Kakashi said, he didn't want to say anything else that might upset her

"I love you too...." Tsuki said, through a choked sob.

There was a silence as Kakashi took a seat in the grass next to her.

"I came here to apologize to your dad for calling his son an asshole." Tsuki said, breaking the silence.

"Wait, you didn't call me an asshole?" Kakashi replied, a bit confused.

"I did as I was leaving the building..." She admitted.

Kakashi laughed, making Tsuki chuckle a bit through her tears.

More silence.

"Tsuki-"

"I know, Kashi."

"Oh come on there's no way you knew what I was gonna say.."

"You're were gonna say..." Tsuki mimicked Kakashi's voice and mannerisms,"'Tsuki, I know this is something unimaginably difficult for you to deal with, and I wish you didn't have to. But that's why I wanted to reiterate that every decision I make is for our family. I would never force this on you unless I thought it was absolutely necessary. I just want you to be healthy and not have to worry about the curse mark eating your chakra. I care about you and I'm always looking out for you, Kuraku.'"

"Oh come on that's not fair!" Kakashi teased, that's exactly what he was going to say, literally verbatim.

"I know you too well, Hatake.." she teased back.

More silence.

Tsuki leaned her head on Kakashi's shoulder and started crying again.

"I'm sorry, Kashi. I shouldn't have blown up on you like that. I didn't mean what I said." Tsuki apologized

"You don't have to say sorry, Tsooks. I know you're just scared.." Kakashi said wiping her tears away with his thumb and wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"I know you're right about the curse mark. I've been thinking about it myself. But I just freeze up and I can't face Orochimaru by myself like that." Tsuki said

"By yourself?" Kakashi quirked an eyebrow,"Who said anything about being by yourself? Tsuki, you're fucking crazy if you think I'd leave you alone with Orochimaru. I'm here to support you every step of the way."

"I-I don't know I've just always been alone when it comes to Orochimaru..."

"Tsuki you're never alone. Besides me, I don't think you understand how many people care about you here in the village. The people of the Leaf love you. I think they love you as 'Lady Hatake' more than they do me as the Hokage. Plus our students and friends care about you so much. I was planning on having no less than Naruto, Yamato, and myself there to monitor Orochimaru during the whole removal process." Kakashi reassured her.

"Can Sasuke be there too?" Tsuki asked,"I just... I don't know I trust him, ya know? Since he was the one that set me free and all. And if anyone can, he could keep Orochimaru in check."