Proud Parents

Tsuki was sitting in the Hokage's office, on the computer, catching up on some of Kakashi's work for him while he was at the academy exit exams.

Her leg wouldn't stop bouncing out of nervousness, she knew in her heart of hearts that the twins would pass, but that didn't stop her from having her typical motherly instincts of worrying about them no matter what the situation was. She had even cried the time her and Kakashi dropped them off at their first day of school.

Tsuki felt a chakra presence and turned to the window. She saw Kanari, with her shimmering silver hair parted down the middle with.........a Leaf headband?!?

"Hey mom." She said smiling, hoping her mom would notice the new addition to her outfit.

"Baby you passed!!!!" Tsuki jumped and grabbed ahold of Kanari and spun her around in a big hug.

"Can't....breathe....mom!" Kanari choked out.

"Oh sorry..." Tsuki set her daughter on the ground but held onto her shoulders,"How'd it go?! Did dad give you a hard time? What Jutsu did they make you do? How long did the exam take? How-"

"Mom!" Kanari interrupted her mother's bombardment of questions,"One question at a time!"

"Okay, okay, sorry." Tsuki calmed herself down. She was too excited for her daughter's achievement she got overwhelmed,"How did it go?"

"Iruka-sensei said I passed with flying colors! They made us do a shadow clone jutsu at the end and I made six! So dad got to put the headband on me once the instructors told me I passed!" Kanari said giddily.

"Oh my gosh!" Tsuki grabbed her hands,"Congrats Kana!!! I'm so goddamn proud of you, baby girl. Wait, where's Kai and your father?"

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*
The door opened and in came Kakashi, followed quickly by Kai who ran straight to his mother and jumped into her arms.

"Ahhhhh!" Tsuki squealed when she saw the headband around Kai's head,"You passed too!!! I-I'm so p-proud of you both. You guys have grown up t-too f-fast..." Tsuki started shedding tears.

"There, there Tsuki, it's alright.." Kakashi rubbed her back gently,"See look what you've done, you've gone and made mom cry!" Kakashi teased the twins.

"How did they do, Kashi?" Tsuki asked trying to sniffle her tears away.

"They both passed at the top of the class, however, Kai did overtake Kana for the number one spot. Just because he made two more shadow clones." Kakashi said with a chuckle.

"Kai you idiot! I though we agreed to make the same amount of clones if that's what they were going to test us on!" Kanari said punching him in the arm.

Kai stuck his tongue out and blew a raspberry to mock his sister.

"Okay guys." Tsuki put a hand on their chests to keep them apart,"This is a happy moment, no fighting..."

Suddenly someone else burst through the door.

"Okay, where the hell are those troublemakers?!" Naruto said as he entered.

"Big Brother Naruto!" Kai and Kanari yelled in unison as they ran to him.

"Look, Naruto! Look at our headbands!" Kai said pointing to his forehead.

"Wow! They look great on you guys!" Naruto said,"Remind me to give you guys your graduation gifts next time you come over for dinner. Hinata wrapped them, but I just got back from a mission. I'm actually here to turn in the report Kakashi-sensei." Naruto pulled out a short stack of papers from his pocket and handed it to Tsuki who set it on the desk.

"Is Boruto back from his grandparents house?" Tsuki asked.

"No, he's still there." Naruto said,"He's gonna stay a couple more days to give Hinata and I a break. That kid is a handful sometimes I don't even know what to do! I don't know how the hell you guys raised twins."

"Well, they grew up at twice the rate of a normal child, so Boruto will be a normal child for longer than Kai and Kana were. But please cherish your time with him while he's young. These two grew up right before my eyes.." Kakashi said looking down at his children.

"Yeah I guess you're right." Naruto said with a smile,"Well I better get home, Hinata will have dinner ready! See you guys!"

"Bye big brother!!!" The twins waved goodbye.

"Dad!" Kanari ran and clutched the rokudaime cloak at his waist,"Can we go visit Takeo and grandma and grandpa and tell them we passed?! And then can we please please please go out for sushi to celebrate and then ice cream?!

Kai copied Kanari but grabbed onto his other side,"Yeah dad! Pleeeeassseeee!"

Kakashi chuckled,"Of course we can guys. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The family of four walked into the cemetery and they immediately ran up to the grave of Sakumo Hatake to tell him they had become genin, next were Tsusuri and Misaki Kuraku's graves. Sometime after the war, Tsuki had their bodies moved from Godai to here so that the family could all be in one place.

The last grave belonged to Takeo Tsusuri Hatake, the son that Tsuki and Kakashi lost in a miscarriage a couple years ago.

Tsuki's and Kakashi's hearts still raced with sadness whenever they approached his grave. It was such a difficult and traumatic event for the both of them, considering Tsuki had made it eight months into the pregnancy before it happened. Since then they haven't had any luck with getting pregnant again and they weren't going to force it. They were happy with their two perfect children.

"Little brother!" Kai yelled sitting in front of the grave,"Kanari and I made genin today!"

"And Kai cheated!" Kanari joked.

"Hey! No I didn't! Take it back, Kana! Don't lie to Takeo!" Kai said pulling on her ear.

Tsuki laughed but squeezed Kakashi's hand tighter silently asking for comfort. Kakashi wrapped his arm around her shoulder and brought her in close as she rested her hand on his abdomen while the other made it's way around his waist.

"Ok, I lied, Kai didn't cheat, but we both passed like it was nothing!" Kanari admitted,"But we gotta go! We're gonna go get sushi and ice cream and then in a couple days we'll find out who our genin sensei is going to be!"

"Bye little brother we love you!" The twins said simultaneously.

"Alright kids, let's go to dinner." Kakashi said ruffling both of their hair.