Warning

"Okay the mission to steal the scroll from the Genjutsu Tree Village is highlighted on this page so this must mean that these guys were squad four." Naruto said rolling up the scroll and putting it into his pocket,"We have to get back to the village and warn Kakashi-sensei about Shioki squad six's plan to assassinate him! Ido, can you run?"

"Uh, yes, but probably not as fast you ninja." Ido replied.

"Well come on then!" Naruto grabbed the guy and carried him piggyback style.

Kanari tried to stand up, but winced at the pain in her ankle.

"Come here, Kanari, I'll carry you." Mitsue said with a sweet smile, extending a hand to his teammate.

Kanari smiled and nodded and took his hand as he hoisted her onto his back

"Right!" Naruto said,"Let's go! Who knows when they're going to make an appearance!"

They ran as fast as they could back to the village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Babe, get up, we're going to be late for work." Tsuki said throwing a balled up shirt at Kakashi, who was still laying in bed.

"I'm pretty sure the Hokage can make his own schedule." Kakashi joked as he caught the shirt without looking up from his Icha Icha book.

"Yes, but there's a lot of work to be done so get your ass up!"

Kakashi sighed and got out of bed and made his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face before getting dressed and ready for the day.

He walked in to see Tsuki in her typical ninja outfit, consisting of a grey shirt long flowing sleeves and shoulder cutouts and long black pants with bandages on her calves. He lost sight of the Hatake clan crest on her back when she turned around and handed him a cup of tea.

"You look beautiful with your hair up like that, Tsooks." Kakashi said taking the cup of tea from her.

She smiled,"Thank you, Kashi. I've been thinking about cutting it short actually.."

"No don't cut it short, otherwise what am I gonna grab onto when we have sex?" He joked.

"Oh, there are plenty of other things grab onto, Hatake.."

They laughed,"Alright, alright, let's grab some breakfast on the way?" Kakashi said.

"And be more late than we already are?"

"Well, I've gotta live up to my reputation somehow." He smiled and extended his arm. Tsuki wrapped her around it. They left the house and walked to their favorite breakfast place.

Tsuki looked at her plate of fluffy pancakes and sighed.

"Did they mess up your order?" Kakashi put his mask back up over his nose after taking a quick bite.

"No, I feel like I'm gaining weight and I need to stop eating stuff like this all the time..." Tsuki replied

"You're kidding right?" Kakashi quirked an eyebrow

"No?"

"Tsooks, you literally look the same as when I met you eight years ago. Plus there's no way you'll stop eating sweets "

"Ugh, you're biased. I need an impartial third party to verify this."

"Just take the compliment, Kuraku!" He teased.

"Fine, fine, thank you." She took a bite of her food,"Oh by the way I should have the budget plan for Kabuto's orphanage ready by today."

"I still can't believe you agreed to take on that project after what Kabuto did to you." Kakashi said.

"I know. And honestly he still weirds me out, but I'd rather properly allocate the funds so that the kids at the orphanage are taken care of."

"How did you manage to find the funds?" Kakashi asked.

"Well, since Shikamaru fixed that issue with the Land of Silence stealing mission requests, we've recooperated those losses over the last few years, leading to a surplus we can funnel into the orphanage."

"I feel like sometimes you should have been Hokage, Tsuki."

"Um, no thank you. That's aallll you, babe...."

"Ugh, I can't wait to retire and we can just travel and relax and not work as much.."

"Eventually Naruto will be ready, and we can do whatever the fuck we want for the rest of our lives after that." Tsuki smiled

Kakashi left money on the table for breakfast and threw a $20 bill towards her,"There's your $20 for winning the bet last night......brat."

Tsuki giggled and grabbed the bill.

They walked to work together, and barely got there in time for Shikamaru's weekly meeting with them about the plans and events for that week.

"....so that takes care of that. Oh!" Shikamaru was just finishing up his list,"I don't know if you've spoken to Shizune lately, but her and her team have found a way to seal the stones' power into the twins. So now that they're not occupied with that, I'm going to use that team to decode and decipher the scroll from the Genjutsu Tree Village, since Naruto and team seven is supposed to return to the village today."

"Oh, wow, that actually works out great.." Kakashi said crossing his arms and leaning back in his office chair.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Naruto and team seven were still running through the forest and we're just approaching the gates of the village.

They ran until the Hokage's tower just came into view.

They all peered up to where the Kakashi's main office would be.

"Mom and dad should be having their meeting with Shikamaru in there right now!" Kai said

"We've got to warn dad before something happens to him!" Kanari yelled, hanging on tight to Mitsue's shoulders.

"You're right, let's go!" Naruto yelled.

BOOM!

Before anyone could take a step forward, there was a loud explosion.

Their heads jerked back up towards the sound.

The explosion came from the Hokage's office, and smoke was emitting from the windows and walls that had been blown away.

The guards at the gate looked up and yelled,"It looks like a bomb has gone off in the Hokage's office!"

"Shit, was Lord Sixth inside?!" Another one yelled

Kai and Kanari were shocked, and could only gasp in response.

"Oh no...." Naruto mumbled.