Tsuki's Timeline Pt. 2

"Kira." Kakashi said with a commanding voice, addressing Tsuki by the code name he had given her,"You're with me for this next mission, go to your locker and gather your stuff for a long journey. The rest of you are dismissed, you're all on normal watch duty for Lord Third."

"Yes, Captain!" Team Ro said in unison, they all disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Tsuki closed her locker after gathering her things.

"Ooo, first day and Kira has to go on a co-op mission with the Captain!" Kiki teased,"Better pack your earplugs girl and get a room at the inn as far away as possible from his whenever you stop."

"Why's that?" Tsuki was confused.

"Because the Captain likes to pick up a girl at practically every stop and fuck her as loud as possible so the whole damn inn hears!" Akemi said,"He's a total man whore"

Tsuki's heart felt like it broke in two. She didn't want to have to listen to that, it was already taking everything in her power not to grab Kakashi and kiss him and tell him that they had been together for eight years and had two children with another on the way.

"How old is he?" Tsuki asked, trying to get a clear answer on his and her age.

"He's only eighteen, he set the record for being the youngest Anbu Captain like ever." Yuzuki said.

"Interesting..." Tsuki replied

"Good luck, Kira! Remember what I told you about not falling behind or getting captured!" Akemi said.

Tsuki made her way back to the training grounds where Kakashi was there, waiting for her.

Kakashi turned to look at Tsuki approaching him and saw how her beautiful face shined in the moonlight that was still covering the village since it was so early in the morning.

His jaw clenched.

'Why do I feel like this?' Kakashi asked himself

They stared at each other for an awkward, brief moment before Kakashi slipped on his Kitsuné mask that was sitting at the top of his head, Tsuki did the same.

"We better get going, it's a long journey." Kakashi said, for some reason having a difficult time breaking his gaze from Tsuki.

"Yes, Captain." Tsuki replied with regiment.

They dashed into the trees.

"So, uh Captain, what's our mission?" Tsuki asked as she followed him.

"Sex trafficking ring bust in the Land of Earth." Kakashi replied,"Women have been going missing in the area and have been found on the black market later on, our job is to infiltrate and take it down."

"Yikes." Tsuki replied, not knowing how to talk to this version of this Kakashi.

Kakashi let air out through his nose and looked back at the Kitsuné masked Kunoichi that was trailing him,"Yikes? That's all you gotta say?"

Tsuki got irritated and decided to get sassy,"Yes, yikes. What do you want me to say? 'Damn this is probably going to be a horribly traumatizing mission, it's crazy how we endure this type of stuff for the sake of the village'? Does that sound better to you, Captain?"

Kakashi let out an annoyed chuckle,"You're pretty feisty for this being your first day, rook. I guess I'll have to learn to take your sarcasm with a grain of salt."

He was shocked that she actually had the audacity to talk to him like that. But for some reason, he didn't mind.

They traveled for a few more hours, before stopping at an inn that night. As hard as Tsuki tried to avoid it, the innkeeper gave her a room right next to Kakashi's.

And just as Kiki warned, Tsuki heard everything.

"Oh yes! Don't stop!" A random woman screamed while the sound of the bed pounding into the wall echoed into Tsuki's room.

Tsuki sat on her bed, dressed in her shorts and cropped tank top, plugging her ears, choking back tears as she heard her husband fuck another woman in the room next to her.

She couldn't hold it against him, in this timeline he didn't even know Tsuki existed until now, but it still fucking hurt to hear it.

Eventually the sounds died down and Tsuki, who grew frustrated grabbed a couple of food pills from her pouch and slipped on her sandals to take a stroll outside.

Maybe some fresh air would clear her mind.

As soon as Tsuki slid open the door to her room she saw a blonde woman, making the walk of shame from Kakashi's room, exiting the inn.

Tsuki turned to look at Kakashi's open door, he was leaned up against the frame, shirtless, wearing black pants but still had his mask on.

"Aww, too bad she couldn't spend the night." Tsuki sarcastically pouted.

Kakashi scoffed and stared at Tsuki's somewhat scantily clad body, this version of Kakashi was definitely kind of a sleaze,"Couldn't sleep?"

"How could I sleep with all the noise you guys have been making for the past two hours?" Tsuki spat back, not even noticing Kakashi was looking directly at her chest. She popped a food pill in her mouth and began to walk off outside.

Kakashi was taken aback by her honesty.

Maybe he had been a little too mean to her.

He slipped on his shirt and sandals and quickly walked to catch up to Tsuki, who had already made it outside.

"Are you just eating food pills?" Kakashi asked her.

"Yes? Why do you care?" Tsuki said, still annoyed.

"Y-you should eat something with more.... substance. You'll need your energy for this mission." Kakashi said.

Tsuki froze. Finally, he said something that the Kakashi she knew and loved would have said. Something caring, thoughtful...

Tsuki grew embarrassed, not wanting to admit that she spent her advance that the Third Hokage gave her on the inn and that she didn't have any money left for food.

"I'll be fine." Tsuki said.

"Come on, I know a restaurant around here that's still open." Kakashi said,"Let me buy you dinner. As a welcome to the ANBU and a sorry for being an asshole... And for keeping you up all night with my..... activities..."

'Why am I saying these things?! Why am I trying to get close to her?! I barely know her!' Kakashi thought. He couldn't help himself, some weird force was driving him towards this woman, even though he swore he'd never let anyone into his life again. Out of fear of losing them. But from the moment he first laid eyes on her she was...... different.

Tsuki rolled her eyes, her stomach betrayed her and let out a loud growl.

"Okay, I'm no longer asking you, I'm ordering you as your Captain, you're going to let me buy you some food." Kakashi said

"Ugh." Tsuki's eyes were rolling so much they almost fell out of her head,"Fine....lead the way Captain."