Tsuki's Timeline Pt. 17

"Itachi Uchiha?!' Tsuki thought to herself. She never met the guy herself, but she had heard stories of his genocide against his own clan. Sasuke mentioned it in passing when he freed her from Orochimaru. And Kakashi told her stories of when he worked with him in ANBU and how he felt partially responsible for the Uchiha massacre, considering Itachi was his subordinate at one point.

But of course all of that mess wasn't what it seemed.

She heard of the legendary genjutsu user, the man who possessed the Mangekyou Sharingan, similar to Kakashi's, although at this point Kakashi had unlocked his, and Itachi had not.

'Fuck, so Sasuke must be what, 5 years old give or take? Barely going into the academy?' Tsuki's mind raced,'I can't do anything to stop Itachi from killing his clan...'

".....So it'll be me, Itachi, who's code name is now Crow, Kira, and Kazuo for the Intel exchange. Akemi, Yuzuki, and Kiki you'll be doing reconnaissance in the Land of Waves." Kakashi finished explaining the mission assignments.

"Yes, Captain!" Everyone replied in unison and dispersed.

Half of Team Ro, consisting of Kakashi, Itachi, Tsuki, and Kazuo began hopping through the trees to the edge of the Land of Fire.

"If it's just an Intel exchange, how come Lord Third is sending four ANBU? Seems a little excessive.." Tsuki turned to Kakashi.

"Lord Third has a feeling this exchange is going to be an ambush. So he had me take my strongest fighters for this mission." Kakashi replied,"So stay on your guard."

She nodded.

"Soooo, Crow, how old are you anyway?" Tsuki asked Itachi.

"I'm eleven." He replied.

"Eleven?!" Kazuo exclaimed,"They're letting babies join the ANBU now?!"

'He certainly seems more mature than any eleven year old I've met.' Tsuki thought.

Itachi didn't know how to respond.

"Zip it Kazuo." Kakashi commanded,"His age doesn't matter, he's clearly skilled enough otherwise Lord Third wouldn't have let him join. Let alone join an elite team like Team Ro."

Kazuo rolled his eyes and got closer to Tsuki as they hopped through the trees.

"Hey Kira.." Kazuo whispered,"I don't know this kid's abilities, but if we get in a real fight stick by me and you'll be protected."

He had an obvious flirty tone to his voice, making Tsuki awkwardly smile and laugh underneath her Kitsuné mask.

Kakashi acted like he didn't hear, but his dog-like sense of hearing picked up on Kazuo's whisper and the way in which he said it.

Aaaand it irritated him to no end, so he decided to pull rank and take control of the situation.

"If we get split up in any way, Kira you'll stick with me and Kazuo with Itachi. That way we have a Sharingan user in each pair." Kakashi said

"Hey, I'm not fighting with a little kid!" Kazuo protested.

"You'll do as you're told, Kazuo." Kakashi practically spat out his name,"Unless you want me to tell Lord Third you're going against orders."

Kazuo let out a low growl of defeat.

'Okay that was kinda hot..' Tsuki thought to herself. Kakashi was always a protective guy, bordering on possessive a lot of the time, but this version of Kakashi was shameless in asserting his authority,'I Guess that's what made him a good ANBU agent'