Tsuki's Timeline Pt. 12

Tsuki stopped herself.

She was training with Team Ro, currently in a sparring match with Akemi as Kakashi looked onwards, critiquing their fighting and giving them tips on how to be better in battle.

But Tsuki's dumbass almost made the hand signs for the lightning blade, a jutsu that had come so natural to her since Kakashi taught her back when they first started dating nine years ago. Luckily she caught herself before she did it, otherwise that would have given away that she was not from this era, considering the only user of the lightning blade at this time was the inventor himself, Kakashi freaking Hatake.

But Tsuki stumbled as she stopped her hand signs and barely doged an attack from Akemi.

"Cutting it a little too close there, Kira! You can't hesitate like that!" Kakashi yelled as he cupped his hands around his mouth to amplify his voice. Kakashi was treating her like he would anyone else on the team, just to prevent any suspicions from rising. But in all honesty, he was extremely impressed with Tsuki's strength, especially her inclination to use nature chakra so smoothly. He also quirked an eyebrow at how eerily similar her Taijutsu was to that of his father's, but he brushed it off. His dad was a legendary Shinobi after all, so his Taijutsu style has likely made the rounds in other villages by now. At least that's what he figured.

Tsuki didn't like the criticism, even though she knew he was doing it for show. So she stepped up her game and eventually pinned Akemi's limbs to the ground with streams of water, winning the match.

"Jeez, Kira. Lord Third wasn't kidding around when he said you were meant for ANBU." Akemi said taking a hold of Tsuki's outstretched hand and standing up.

Tsuki just laughed and they walked back over to Kakashi and the rest of the team.

"Okay guys, um...good job today." Kakashi said awkwardly, catching the whole team by surprise that he actually complimented them,"There's nothing else to do today so we'll meet at eleven tomorrow in the same spot we always do, likely with a new set of missions. Lord Third is also adding another member to our group as well. So we'll meet them tomorrow. You're all dismissed."

"Yes, Captain!" Everyone bowed and dispersed back to their lockers.

Tsuki hung her Kitsuné mask on the hook in her locker and shut the door. Kakashi walked into the locker room as well.

"Hey, Kira!" Kiki said,"We're all going out to dinner tonight, do you wanna come?"

Tsuki quickly glanced at Kakashi. As soon as they made eye contact she knew her answer,"Honestly guys I'll have to take a raincheck. I'm pretty exhausted from the mission and training today. Maybe next time."

"Ahh, your loss, girl! See you tomorrow then!" Yuzuki joked. They all headed out.

Hell no Tsuki didn't want to go out to dinner with random comrades that she'd never see again after 10 more days. She wanted to spend all her time with Kakashi.

There were still a few stragglers in the room from other ANBU teams.

Kakashi walked by Tsuki to get to his locker in the back. As he passed her, he quickly shoved a piece of paper into her hand and kept walking. It was so quick that there was no way anybody saw. Kakashi didn't look back, he didn't make eye contact. He acted like Tsuki wasn't there.

She grasped at the scrap of paper and walked out, not even bothering to say goodbye to him, or even acknowledge his presence.

As soon as she began walking down the street, she opened up the paper to see what he had written.

'340 Tanbo Lane. 7pm. Don't eat.

-KH'

Tsuki smiled, she recognized that address. That was that was the address of the Hatake residence. Their residence. The same house she had been living in for almost nine years, the one her and Kakashi grew close in, the one where they raised their twins.