Tsuki's Timeline Pt. 10 (🍋)

A strip on sunlight spilled through the window and covered Kakashi's eyes, signaling his circadian rhythm that it was time to wake up.

His eyes fluttered open and glanced to his right to see Tsuki's back, she was facing away from him but still had her body pressed up against his with their legs intertwined while his arm laid comfortably beneath her neck.

He had never gotten a better night's sleep, despite having woken up once to have sex again in the middle of the night. He couldn't recall the last time he didn't have at least one nightmare to jolt him awake in his slumber.

But somehow, this girl who he was now head over heels for made him feel safe and protected, despite his need to protect her.

His chest felt warm, feeling her skin against his. He didn't want to move, he didn't want to get up. For as soon as he got out of bed, he knew that they would have to head back to the Leaf Village and return to work as comrades in the ANBU, acting as if they didn't spend half of this mission cuddling and having sex like rabbits, all for the sake of being professional.

He didn't want that. He wanted her in his life, he half wanted to ask her to leave her toothbrush and a change of clothes at his house so he could have her over to spend time with her whenever he wanted.

But he quickly grew worried and self-conscious. 'What if she woke up regretting last night? What if she wanted nothing to do with me after today? What if she doesn't love me back? I know I haven't actually said the words yet but neither has she. I want her, in more than a sexual way, I love her company. I love how we laughed for hours on our way to the Land of Earth. I feel happy and giddy and comfortable around her. Like I can be myself and be accepted unconditionally. But I'm too much of a fucking coward to tell her that!'

Kakashi's mind raced as he struggled with his fear of love. Or rather his fear of accepting love and letting it into his life only to lose it.

His train of thought quickly got derailed as Tsuki stirred awake. She stretched and turned around to Kakashi before hopping on top of him straddling his waist and wrapping her arms around his head while burying her face in his neck. She just wanted to cuddle closer to him.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and let out a deep sigh.

"Good morning, Captain." She smiled against his skin.

Oh God, I forgot she's technically my subordinate.

Kakashi chuckled,"Good morning, beautiful."

There was a heavy silence that neither of them could figure out how to break.

Eventually Kakashi tightened his hold on Tsuki and got out of bed. Her legs wrapped around his waist as he carried them both to the bathroom.

He turned on the hot water and set Tsuki on the ground. Pulling the shower curtain to the side, he held his hand out to gesture her to enter,"Ladies first, madam.." he said sarcastically.

Tsuki curtsied, pantomiming holding out a skirt that wasn't there,"Why thank you, sire." She stepped in, followed by Kakashi.

They both began rinsing and washing off.

"So are you gonna do that cliche thing where you wash my hair for me?" Tsuki joked as she wet her hair under the stream of water.

Kakashi laughed loudly as he was holding the bottle of shampoo,"Of course, Kuraku, it's the law." He joked back pouring the shampoo in his hands and began scrubbing it into her hair.

"Mmm.." Tsuki leaned back and enjoyed the scalp massage. She rinsed the soap out and they washed their bodies.

Tsuki couldn't get over how good he looked in the shower, with his wet silver hair that turned a dark grey with the water, messily flopping into his face instead of defying gravity like it normally did. Seeing his body covered in a sheen of water droplets did something to her.