Tsuki's Timeline Pt. 3

Tsuki and Kakashi approached the restaurant.

"Order whatever you want, Kira....Tell you what, order what you think I'd like and if you're right, I'll stop treating you like such a rookie." Kakashi said with a smirk.

Tsuki rolled her eyes, still irritated after hearing Kakashi fuck that random woman all night, but she decided to order something she knew he'd like, just to get him off her back. Then maybe she could get closer to him and get some sense of normalcy back.

"Deal." Tsuki replied and then looked at the menu over the cashier's shoulder at the take-out window,"Evening. Can I please get two miso soups with eggplant, no vegetable tempura on the side."

Kakashi was taken aback, that's literally exactly what he would have ordered.

'How did she know that?' he wondered, thinking maybe she was using some type of mind-reader jutsu.

Tsuki smirked as Kakashi paid for the food and grabbed the bag of takeout.

Tsuki pouted at him and batted her lashes,"Did I do a good job, Captain?"

Kakashi's heart skipped a beat, she was just so...... pretty,"Don't get too cocky, Kuraku."

Kuraku.

He called her Kuraku.

Tsuki felt warm inside, hearing him use the nickname he had called her since the genesis of their relationship both professional and romantic. It was so comforting to hear.

They made their way back to the inn and Kakashi stopped by her room door,"Want some company?" He asked sheepishly.

"I mean do I have any other choice." Tsuki said sarcastically as she stepped aside to let Kakashi into the room with her.

They sat at the coffee table as Kakashi set out the bowls of soup for the two of them.

Tsuki chuckled internally. This reminded her of their first ever co-op mission with him to meet Jiraiya in another village.

They were just comrades on a mission, eating their miso soups with eggplant at an inn together. She got some extreme deja Vu.

Last time this happened Kakashi took his mask off for the first time in front of her, but she had a feeling that wouldn't be the case this time around. She sighed, she wanted to see eighteen-year old Kakashi's face, just to see what he looked like.

She picked up her soup and spun around so Kakashi could eat comfortably without his mask. Her gesture surprised him.

"Oh, uh, thanks.." he said as he started eating.

"So how long have you been in ANBU, Captain?" Tsuki asked, trying to make small talk and hopefully make Kakashi less of a rigid hardass.

"About four years now..." He replied

"Wow, you started when you were fourteen that's quite the accomplishment.."

"Well my old sensei encouraged me to join so I did. And I've been here ever since. What about you? How old even are you? What village did you come from?" For some reason Kakashi felt like he actually wanted to get to know this girl.

"I'm, uh eighteen." Tsuki had to think about it, she almost admitted that back in her real timeline she was thirty-six, she quickly made up a village,"And I came from a small village named... Raiden. Parents died during the last war and even though the Fourth Hokage did a great job with reconstruction, we lost so many of our ninja that we just never recovered and poverty took over. So, I decided to come here for a better life. There wasn't anything keeping me in that village, anyway. But now I guess here I am in ANBU, hopefully serving something greater than myself."

Tsuki wanted nothing more than to gush to Kakashi about how difficult it has been living the last month without him, but she restrained herself. This version of Kakashi barely knew her.

"Yeah, lots of people died during that last war." Kakashi admitted, catching Tsuki off guard,"Lost quite a few people myself..."

'Why am I opening up to her?!' he thought,'I know I shouldn't be, but it just feels so easy!'

"Indeed it seems that tragedy strikes us all at one point or another. Some of us more than others. You and I the type of people that lightning likes to strike more than once." Tsuki said turning around after hearing him finish his soup and put his mask back up on his face.

They locked eyes, and the tension was almost unbearable. Then for whatever reason they just started giggling, laughing at their own pain together.

"Oh God." Tsuki said holding her stomach that was about to cramp from giggling too hard,"Life kinda sucks, huh?"

"That's exactly how I feel." Kakashi said wiping a tear from his eye. That was the first time he had laughed in a while. He gathered their trash and stood to throw it away. He held a hand out to Tsuki to help her stand. She took it and hoisted herself up while Kakashi forcefully pulled on her.

She underestimated just how much he was going to help her stand so her chest bumped into his while her forehead ran into his chin. They almost fell back but Kakashi grabbed onto her waist to steady them while his foot stepped back to balance.

"Whoops, sorry there." She said trying to prevent a blush from overtaking her face. That was the first time in a month she had been that close to him. And boy did she miss it. She looked up into his eyes, examining the Sharingan she hadn't seen him have in so long. She was so used to seeing her Chojougan in its place. Her free hand instinctively rested on his chest.

Kakashi's hand lingered on her waist, for reasons unbeknownst to him he didn't want to let go, he was getting lost in her ocean blue eyes,"Sorry." He said finally pulling his hand away and stepping back. They both shook themselves back to reality,"I guess I don't know my own strength sometimes." He joked. The way she was looking at him made his heart race, and he was thankful for his fashion choices as he felt his face start to heat up.

He'd never felt this way before.

'What on earth is this feeling?' he thought as he walked to the door to head back to his room.

Tsuki followed him, he stepped into the hall.

"Thank you for the food, Captain." Tsuki gave him a sweet smile, one filled with adoration and love for this man. She couldn't help it, she missed him so much, and here was, standing in front of her.

"You can just call me Kakashi." He said rubbing the back of his neck,"And you're welcome. Um, goodnight, Tsuki." He quickly walked to his room and shut the door behind him, trying to run away from whatever feeling this woman was making him feel.

"Goodnight..... Kakashi."