Flashback: Kakashi's A-ranked Mission

Flashback to when Tsuki is 7 months pregnant with the twins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kakashi rolled over in bed to subconsciously wrap his arms around Tsuki in his sleep.

But when his arms hit the mattress, his brain realized Tsuki was not beside him and he woke up.

"Tsuki?" He said rubbing eyes and looking around the room,"Babe?"

He stepped out of bed and checked their bathroom. Nothing.

He checked the the other two bedrooms down the hallway as he walked by. Nothing.

"Babe!" Kakashi called out.

"I-I'm *sniffle* in *sniffle* here." Kakashi heard Tsuki's whimpering voice reply from what sounded like the kitchen.

Kakashi booked it to the kitchen, where he saw Tsuki standing in front of the fridge with the freezer open, sobbing with a fountain of tears pouring from her eyes.

"Babe, why are you crying? Did something happen, what's wrong?" Kakashi said in a very concerned tone.

"I woke up *sniffle* and wanted ice cream, but *sniffle* we don't have any.." Tsuki continued to sob.

Kakashi started to laugh,"You're crying because we don't have ice cream?"

"Don't laugh at me! This is serious, Kashi!" Tsuki did not like that he wasn't taking this as seriously as she was.

Kakashi backed off,"Okay, okay, okay, I'm sorry..." He said quickly as he walked over to the cabinet,"Look we have some cookies here!"

Tsuki cried harder,"It can't be cookies! I need ice cream, Kashi!"

Kakashi sighed,"Tsuki, it's almost midnight, where am I gonna find a store that's open?"

Tsuki practically wailed, freaking Kakashi out, he was gonna have to find her ice cream one way or another. He walked up to her and put his hand on the small of her back while the other wrapped around her palm.

He walked her to the couch,"Okay don't worry, Tsuki, I'm gonna go find you ice cream, please don't cry..." His heart hurt for her, even though he knew this was just her hormones going crazy cause of the pregnancy.

Once Tsuki was settled on the couch, Kakashi walked outside and summoned his ninja hounds.

"Is something the matter Kakashi?" Pakkun asked looking around seeing that it was dark outside and that Kakashi was in his pajamas and sandals.

"Yes, I have a mission for you guys.." Kakashi said with a sigh,"Tsuki is in the house crying because we don't have any ice cream and so I need you all to fan out and find a store that's open and report back to me. I'll look too."

"................. seriously?" Pakkun asked,"This is what you summoned us for?"

"Yes Pakkun I'm serious!" Kakashi yelled,"Look, I've got a very pregnant and very emotional wife in there who will not stop crying until her food cravings are satisfied! This is an A-ranked mission as far as I'm concerned!"

"Alright, alright. Let go boys.." Pakkun said. The ninja hounds dashed in multiple different directions.

Kakashi walked around Konoha, to all the grocery and convenient stores he had learned of over his entire life of living in the Village, and every single one of them had the lights out and the doors locked.

Kakashi ran his hands through his hair,"Why'd the babies have to make Tsuki crave ice cream right now?! They couldn't have done this like three hours earlier when stores were open?!"

He grew frustrated, not necessarily because of Tsuki, he was more mad at store owners for not staying open this late. How dare they not stay open in case of her midnight cravings. The audacity.

"Is there a way I can make ice cream at home?" Kakashi was getting desperate, venting to the empty village streets,"I don't think we even have those ingredients."

Just when he was about to lose all hope, he heard the pitter patter of dog paws running up behind him.

"Kakashi! I found a store open but you need to come quickly they close in five minutes!" Pakkun yelled running down the street.

Kakashi dashed, following Pakkun through the streets of Konoha, trying to get to what was probably the only open store in the village.

He turned the corner and saw the store, the owner was outside locking the door.

"No!" Kakashi kept running until he reached the entrance,"Wait, excuse me sir are you still open?"

The elderly shop owner was full locking up the doors,"No son, I'm sorry but-" he turned around,"Oh Lord Sixth! I'm sorry I didn't realize it was you!"

Kakashi, who felt defeated sighed,"Oh no it's okay..." He turned to go home, empty handed.

The owner unlocked the doors,"Go inside and grab what you need, Lord Sixth."

Kakashi froze and turned around,"Seriously?!" The man nodded.

"Thank you so much!" Kakashi ran inside straight to the freezer section where he quickly picked out five different flavors of ice cream he's knew were Tsuki's favorites.

The store owner met him at the counter as Kakashi pulled out his wallet,"I'm assuming those are for Lady Hatake? She's pregnant right?"

Kakashi chuckled,"Yeah, 7 months..." He pulled out the money and handed it to him and bagged up the ice cream.

They left the store and the man locked it behind him.

"Let me walk you home.." Kakashi said,"It's late and dark outside."

The man nodded and they began walking down the street.

"So are you excited for the baby?" The shop owner asked.

"Two babies actually. And yes, I'm very excited, just very terrified... I'm not quite sure how to be a father." Kakashi admitted.

"You're gonna have your hands full with twins. But trust me when I say fatherhood is one of the best things you'll ever experience. And don't worry too much, you'll figure it out. You'll make mistakes. Lots of mistakes. But if you can look out for an entire village, I'm sure you can handle two babies. They didn't make you Hokage for nothing! Well here's my house, thank you for coming to my shop." The man bowed to Kakashi.

Kakashi bowed back,"Thank for your kindness and your advice. It's much appreciated."

Kakashi made his way home and found Tsuki still fighting back tears on the couch.

"Okay, Tsuki, I got ice cream." Kakashi said proudly walking to the kitchen.

Tsuki started sobbing again.

Kakashi's proud smile turned into a defeated half frown,"Wait, why are you crying, I thought I did good!"

"I'm just so happy you found ice cream I can't stop crying!" Tsuki buried her face in her hands.

"Oh Lord, Tsuki what am I gonna do with you?"