Kai's Timeline Pt. 1

"Where the hell am I?!" Kai said scratching his head as he walked through the forest.

He felt his face and body,"I think I'm the same age? Does that mean I landed in the wrong timeline?"

The forest ended in a clearing and Kai recognized the area, it was the Leaf Village training grounds.

"AGH!" Someone yelled as Kai heard the sound of kunai clanging together.

He turned his head to the sound and saw a flash of green clothes and shiny black hair,"Take that my eternal rival! Surely I'll best you this time!"

"That's Uncle Guy's voice!" Kai said.

Another man grabbed guys wrists and twisted them around, pinning him to the ground.

"Maybe next time, Guy.." Kakashi said with his eyes half lidded

"D-dad!" Kai yelled as he ran towards Kakashi with open arms. He got so excited seeing him again he wasn't thinking straight.

"Huh?" Kakashi and Guy said in unison looking up at the brown haired boy running towards them.

Kai hugged onto Kakashi's waist as Guy stood up.

"Did he just call you 'dad' Kakashi?" Guy asked.

"That's what I heard.." Kakashi said, still puzzled by the kid hanging onto his waist.

"You got a kid you don't know about, Kakashi?" Guy asked, half-joking.

"Uhhh.." Kakashi nervously rubbed the back of his neck and knelt down to Kai,"I don't think so. Hey, kid I'm sorry, but I think you may have mistaken me for someone else. I'm not your dad."

Kai's heart sank, this must be before he was born and seemingly before he met his mom, considering his dad didn't recognize him or think it in the realm of possibility that he would have a child.

Guy knelt down and looked at Kai's face,"You sure, Kakashi? He looks exactly like you when you were a kid."

"I mean I'm pretty sure.." Kakashi said stroking his chin,"What's your name kid?"

"Kai Hatake!" Kai said before his brain could realize what he said, he covered his mouth with his hand

'No! I meant to say a fake name! I'm such an idiot!' Kai thought

"Hatake?!" Kakashi said looking over at Guy,"A-and what's your mother's name? How old are you?"

"My mom's name is Tsu... Luna Kuraku. And I'm six." Kai said trying not to mess up anymore."

"Luna Kuraku?" Kakashi said shuffling through the files in his brain trying to remember every woman he's ever slept with,"I've never been with a Luna Kuraku."

"No one named Kuraku that you can remember! This was over six years ago!" Guy said flashing him a wink

Kakashi got nervous, the kid did look a lot like him, he had his face, his eyes, hell he even had a matching mole in the left lower corner of his chin, the only thing that didn't match was his hair color. He had slept with many people in his life, so it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that he slipped up once.

'Fuck, maybe this kid is mine.' Kakashi thought.

Kai knew he fucked up, he had given himself away. He was trying to figure out how to back peddle, but he was having trouble making it happen in a believable way.

'This shouldn't alter any major events. And I'll still get to spend time with him as my dad. This will all disappear within two weeks whether the justu works or not' Kai made his decision

"My mom will be coming in two weeks. I found out that you were my dad and she let me come here early!" Kai said with a smile.

Kakashi fell on his ass hearing this news. His mind was racing, this was all so new to him. He was only twenty-seven years old, and now he's learned that he fathered a child back when he was twenty-one?

"I was still in the ANBU when you were born..." Kakashi said, still shocked.

"Well if this happened while you were in ANBU Kakashi then I believe it! You know how you were!" Guy said with a laugh,"I can't believe it Kakashi! I'm an uncle! And think about it, you've had plenty of time on your hands since Naruto's been out the past year training with Master Jiraiya and Sakura's with Lady Tsunade! You can get to know your kid!" He gave a Kai a big hug.

"I.....I have a son?" Kakashi said looking at Kai still in shock.

Kai walked up and wrapped his arms around Kakashi's neck. Kakashi was still too shocked to hug him back, but Kai almost started crying, being able to hug his dad again after watching him die a month ago. But he held back his tears.

"It's so good to meet you, dad." Kai said nestling his head into the crook of Kakashi's neck. Something sparked in Kakashi, like his soul had felt this type of love from his child before, but it was still so foreign he didn't know what to do.

"I-I guess it's good to meet you too, Kai." He said hugging him back.