Kanari's Timeline Pt. 2

"Kana!" Kid Kakashi shook the little silver-haired girl's shoulders,"Kana, it's time to wake up for school!"

Kanari opened her eyes to see Kakashi's staring at hers. It was so weird, seeing her father's same eyes in a smaller version of himself.

She grumbled and rubbed her eyes awake.

"Come on wake up! My dad made us breakfast. He bought you some clothes, they're in the closet." Kakashi stood and scurried out of the room towards the kitchen. Shortly after, Kanari joined them, dressed a simple navy blue outfit that Sakumo had purchased for her.

"Good morning, Kanari. Are you excited for your first day of school?" Sakumo patted her head as she sat at the table.

She yawned,"Yeah, it'll just be weird starting in the middle of the school year."

"Well the exit exams are next week, so maybe you can catch up before then. If not, there's always next year." He replied setting a glass of orange juice next to her plate.

Kanari froze.

'Dad said that grandpa died right after he became a genin, so am I really gonna experience....that? I can't alter any major events. I can't stop grandpa from.... Killing himself. But he seems so happy?' she thought to herself.

"I can help you train for the exit exam if you'd like." Kakashi mentioned.

Kanari's heart broke, she couldn't warn Kakashi about Sakumo's impending death either, that would alter a major life event.

Sakumo sat at the table as he ruffled Kakashi's hair, Kakashi smiled. Kanari could tell he really really loved his dad, in the same way that she loved him as her father. Which must be why he said his death was so hard on him,"Yes, Kakashi here is quite the star pupil, he'll surely help you get ready for the exam." Sakumo flashed her a closed-eye smile, the same one Kakashi would always wear back in her real timeline.

Kanari sighed, this was going to be awful,"Sure I'd like to train.."

They all ate their breakfast and Kakashi and Kanari headed to school together.

"Thank you for the food, Sakumo." Kanari bowed, wanting so desperately to call him grandpa.

"You're very welcome, Kanari. Now head off or you'll be late, Kakashi hates being late." He teased.

They ran to school.

"Class! Everyone calm down!" The sensei spoke over the noisy, bustling class of kids,"We have a new student joining us today!"

Kanari nervously looked at the class, and saw some familiar faces she met the day prior. Rin, Obito, Guy, Izumo, Kotetsu, Kurenai, Asuma, Genma....

Kakashi took his regular seat.

It was so weird seeing these people as kids, Kanari only knew them as grown-ups.

"This is Kanari Harashi, everyone." The teacher introduced her,"Why don't you go take that open seat next to Rin, Kanari?"

Kanari nodded and moved over next to Rin.

Rin smiled at her and the girls in the other seats surrounding her immediately turned around.

"How was it spending the night at Kakashi's house?" A girl in front whispered to her.

"Huh?" Kanari responded,"How did you know I was staying with Kakashi?" Kanari still could not get over how weird it was calling her dad by his first name.

"Rin told us!" She said, Kanari looked over at Rin who had a awkward smile on her face and a blush.

"Um.. it was fine, normal I guess." Kanari said,"Why is it like something weird?"