The Bell Test

"How has Kakashi-sensei never done this with you?!" Naruto exclaimed, shocked that the twins never heard of the bell test,"This is like, his thing! Everything he ever taught me about being a ninja came from this test!"

The twins shrugged.

"He has them hanging in his office at the Hokage's tower but I thought they were like Christmas decorations or something." Kai said.

Naruto sighed,"Okayyy, well, here goes nothing."

The truth about why Kakashi never did the bell test with his own kids were because he wanted to teach them the importance of teamwork and putting friends and comrades above the mission throughout their lives. He knew that when they became genin, that they're sensei, who he had always secretly hoped was going to be Naruto, would do the bell test with them. Then Kakashi would be able to see how much his kids had learned over the years.

"Your mission is to take these bells from me." Naruto explained holding up a finger,"If you don't get them by nightfall, you go without dinner."

Mitsue raised his hand,"But Naruto-sensei. There's only two bells."

"Exactly." Naruto said with a mischievous grin.

'So there are only two bells but three of us?' Kai thought to himself,'This must be a competition to see which two out of three of us can get them first. It must be a test of strength!'

Kanari thought the same thing as Kai, but she wasn't as sure that was the answer.

Naruto walked over to a tree stump and set down a timer.

"Okay ready.....steady.......go!" Naruto yelled.

The three new genin students dispersed into the trees to prepare their attacks. Naruto stayed out in the middle of the field.

The twins activated their Chojougan and were about to attack when Mitsue, who's natural affinity chakra is wind, ran up to Naruto and started fighting him with his chakra blades. He was actually holding his own against Naruto.

The twins were shocked,"Whoa, Mitsue's actually kind of strong!" Kanari said.

Kai reluctantly agreed,"Who knew that idiot wasn't just all talk."

"Hey kid, your chakra affinity is wind?! Me too!" Naruto said excitedly.

Mitsue didn't respond, he just kept throw hits that were all being met with a block as he stretched out his hand to try and grab one of the bells.

Nope, no way in hell Naruto was gonna let that happen so quickly, instead Mitsue got kicked in the stomach and was sent flying back on the training grounds.

"Okay, I'm gonna try now." Kai said as he ran out of the trees.

He made his hand signs as he shouted,"Water Style: Freezing Water Bullets!"

Kai shot out several bullets of water from his mouth, attempting to freeze Naruto's feet to the ground to no avail. Until the last one hit and Naruto was stuck.

Kai snickered as he ran to attack him with a fire blade, a jutsu style stronger than wind.

As soon as Kai made contact, Naruto disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Seriously?! A shadow clone?!" Kai said disappointed.

Tsuki and Kakashi, who were watching the new team seven on the training fields from the Hokage's Tower, chuckled.

"Think they'll figure it out?" Tsuki asked Kakashi, who was so adamant about every genin going through this bell test to teach them the importance of teamwork.