Flashback: First Date

Flashback to Tsuki and Kakashi's first date from the first book.

Kakashi finally got the guts to ask Tsuki out after overhearing that Kurenai and Anko wanted to set her up with Genma.

They went out to dinner and spent hours talking with each other. Neither of them had felt so comfortable and open before.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Okay, Kuraku, I'm gonna be real with you right now." Kakashi said.

"Be real with me, Hatake." Tsuki said as she sipped her fruity alcoholic beverage, feeling tipsy enough so she wasn't a nervous wreck in front of this gorgeous man.

"This, right here, right now, is my first date ever." Kakashi said.

"Really?! You've never done this before?' Tsuki replied in shock.

"Really really." Kakashi rubbed the back of his neck,"I got so desperate I went to Sakura and Ino for advice on how to ask you out."

Tsuki teasingly face palmed,"That's both the cutest and most pathetic thing I've ever heard, Kashi. You, the famed copy ninja, Kakashi of the Sharingan. A twenty-eight year old grown ass man, went to a couple of fifteen year old girls for dating advice!"

Kakashi laughed in response, he always enjoyed their constant banter,"Yeah I gotta say it wasn't one of my most proud moments, but yet here we are." He held up his glass of water

Tsuki clinked her drink against his,"Here we are."

They just smiled at each other.

Tsuki broke the silence, her mouth becoming braver and braver as the alcohol set in,"Well what may be more pathetic is that this is my first non-platonic interaction with the opposite sex since before I got captured by Orochimaru three years ago."

Kakashi acted as if he were seriously contemplating her statement before coming to a conclusion,"Nooo I'm pretty sure me asking a couple of fifteen year old Sasuke fangirls for advice is more pathetic."

They both laughed as the waiter set down their plates of food in front of them.

"So what was Godai like? Before, you know..." Kakashi's voice trailed off

"Ugh, Godai was beautiful. Very quaint. Not small enough to be considered a town, but not big enough to be considered a large city. We hardly had any buildings that were more than two stories tall and the roads were all still dirt but there was one long road that led straight to the main temple of the village and just before it is the Kuraku clan family house. My family had ruled over that land for hundreds if not at least a thousand years."

"Wow, that sounds quite different from the Leaf." Kakashi said, covertly taking a bite of his food so no one could see his face.

"It is different, still very rural and countryside but the sunsets there were beautiful against the grassy plains that surrounded it. Actually it was in those fields that your father trained me! Sakumo-sensei and I would spend hours going over various movements, attacks, counterattacks and often my father would come and teach me how to weave the use of my Chojougan into those movements. I've got a lot of fond memories of my childhood there. It was a very peaceful life, I loved all of my friends and clan members. I still remember all the times I spent with my mother and father all the way up until I was twenty-five until all of it went to shit obviously. But what about you? What was life growing up here like?"

Kakashi scoffed,"Well.....in a word........ Hard. But I don't suppose that it was like that for everyone, maybe just because of the events that happened in my life and my job as a Shinobi made growing up here pretty difficult. Eh, I'd like to tell you about it but I don't know that it's exactly first date material. It may be a little too.....dark, ya know?"