Team Seven's First Mission

"Alright you four, your first mission is going to be a fairly simple one. You are to travel to the Genjutsu Tree Village and escort back one of their village members who will be carrying scrolls that are going to be housed here in the Leaf." Kakashi addressed Naruto, Kai, Kanari, and Mitsue who were standing in front of his desk in the office. Kakashi was trying his best to treat his son and daughter professionally, like real shinobi, instead of treating them like babies.

"Hey I went there with the Pervy Sage!" Naruto said excitedly.

"What's in the scrolls?" Kanari asked.

"Classified." Kakashi replied,"All you need to know is that they're scrolls that are better protected by the Leaf. I'm counting on you guys." He flashed them a closed-eye smile.

"We'll be back before you know it Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto said,"Ready guys?"

"I guess.." Mitsue said turning to the office door with the rest of the troupe.

"Bye, dad!" The twins waved and turned to the door.

The door opened to reveal Tsuki standing in the hallway.

"Oh, Naruto! Perfect timing, can you come back in for a quick second?" She said stepping into the office,"Wait here, guys."

Tsuki and Naruto stepped back into Kakashi's office and closed the door.

"Here." She reached into her pocket and pulled out two small packages wrapped in paper with sealing lettering on them,"These are the moonstones. They're wrapped in a fairly decent barrier Jutsu. Obviously don't let the twins touch them. We still haven't figured out exactly how to seal them inside the twins so sorry to have to make you carry them."

"Oh right." Naruto grabbed the moonstones and put them securely in his pocket,"Don't worry Tsuki-sensei. I'll keep the stones and the twins safe."

"I trust you, Naruto. Good luck!" She opened the door and waved goodbye to the twins as well.

Team seven left the building and began their journey on foot to the Genjutsu Tree Village.

Kakashi sighed.

"Something wrong, Kashi?" Tsuki said turning toward him.

"I'm worried about them." Kakashi said.

"Well me too but I'm trying to keep my cool and not immediately run after them. But thinking logically, the world is at peace right now. They shouldn't have much trouble with a simple D-ranked escort."

"It's just, when I was the squad leader of team seven it seems like every C or D-ranked escort we went on ended up as an A- or S-rank mission. I mean the first escort we ever went on ended with us fighting the Demon Zabuza. And then we took this Prince from the Village of the Moon and that ended up in coup d'etat where I almost got turned into stone!"

"That was a different time, dear, there was a lot more unrest in the world than there is right now. You and the other four Kage have done a fantastic job with the post-war reconstruction and.................wait did you say you almost got turned into stone?"

"Stone, Tsuki." Kakashi replied stoicly,"Stone."

"Okay, I haven't heard that story before, now I gotta know." Tsuki said, her interest piqued.

Kakashi laughed,"Alright, Kuraku take a seat I'll tell you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Is this mission considered easy?" Kai asked Naruto as they continued walking down the path of the forest. They had been traveling for several hours.

"Yes, the Hokage knows not to assign difficult missions to new genin teams. This is a D-rank mission, with the world the way it is today." Naruto replied.

"Ughhh I wanted a difficult mission like rescuing a royal hostage, or an assassination, or-" Kai was interrupted by Mitsue.

"Are you crazy, Kai? There's no way the Hokage would give missions like that to a bunch of genin, those are for the Anbu and special Jonin."

Kai growled and put up his fist.

Naruto stepped up to walk between them,"Guys! Can you go one second without trying to fight each other! God, you both need to be more like Kana. Look how calm she is."

Kanari looked up, she had been in her own little world, just walking and enjoying the scenery outside the village.

"To be honest, Kai, my first mission ever with Kakashi-sensei turned into an A-ranked mission cause we ran into a really strong ninja and his protege who were really hard to fight. But Kakashi-sensei kicked his ass, ya know!!!" Naruto said.

"Oh yeah." Kanari said,"He told us about that demon from the Hidden Mist, he said he had to fight him a second time during the Fourth Shinobi War."

"Oh yeah that's crazy!" Naruto replied,"Yeah your mom and dad have been on all sorts or crazy missions and fights. Even though Tsuki-sensei had only been here for like eight and a half years."

"Tell us more about them!" Kai said. His mom and dad told them about some of their missions and Shinobi lives here and there, but he never heard stories from other people.

"Well, Kakashi-sensei has done a lot for the village, his sensei was actually my dad! The Fourth Hokage! He was on a team seven just like us!"

"Whoaa, who were his teammates?"

"Well he had someone named Obito Uchiha and Rin Nohara on his team but they both died. Well Obito didn't die at first and he came back during the War and then he died later. I don't know how to explain it, it's complicated. But did you know that your mom fought in the war when she was pregnant with you guys?!"

"What?!" The twins said,"Why would she fight if she was pregnant?!"

"Well I mean she didn't know until Obito tried to kill her after she jumped in front of Kakashi-sensei so he wouldn't get stabbed..."

"Wait so our dad's old teammate tried to kill our mom?! Why?!" Kanari said

Naruto awkwardly laughed,"Well cause Kakashi-sensei and Rin, well.... but I mean Obito turned out to be good in the end.. ahh maybe I've said too much already, they should explain it to you."

"No! No! Tell us!" Kai said.

"What about you Mistue?! You said your dad was in the shinobi military." Naruto said trying to deflect from his current conversation. The twins rolled their eyes.

"My dad was a part of the Third Division, led by Lord Sixth. He was on the ninjutsu specialty squad with Lady Hatake. But when Madara unleashed the ten tails he died in battle." Mitsue explained with a somber tone.

"Well he gave his life for the Leaf Village. And in my book that makes him a fantastic and honorable ninja!" Naruto said, trying to comfort his student.

"I think so too." Mitsue said with a small smile.

"Look we're here!" Naruto said after a couple more hours of traveling.

The group had finally arrived at the Genjutsu Tree Village.

"Hello and welcome!" A native approached the four man squad,"You must be the escorts from the Hidden Leaf Village we requested."

"Believe it, we are!" Naruto said bowing to the leader. The kids followed suit.

"Please stay the night, it's dark outside, we have rooms prepared for you and in the morning you can head out with Ido, the man who you'll be guarding." He gestured for them to follow him into the town.

"Sure thing, get settled kids, we'll head out in the morning." Naruto said with a thumbs up.