6

In the middle of the night, Gu Miao carried a heavy backpack and stepped into the house.

There is no moon tonight, and the house is dark. After washing hastily, he lay on the wooden bed, and his empty stomach was aching.

After a busy day, the bowl of porridge in the morning is the only thing he eats today.

As it approached midnight, Gu Miao managed to get up and boiled a pot of hot water for herself.

There was steam in the kitchen. He poured some cold water into the boiling water and took a slight sip. The pain in his stomach was finally relieved.

He took a few mouthfuls and looked at the clock hanging on the wall.

It was already twelve o'clock, and thinking of having to get up early for class tomorrow, he hurried back to bed.

But after a while, the intense pain in the stomach came back again.

He closed his eyes tightly, hoping that he would go to bed as soon as possible to resist the surging pain in his stomach.

The cold wind roared outside the window, and in his erratic and confused thoughts, Gu Miao remembered the warm bowl of porridge in the morning and the girl's clear and moving eyes.

It was someone he once thought was blasphemous even after thinking about it, but now they are so close.

Gu Miao knew that she must have forgotten herself and the poor stuttering young man who was embarrassed.

The gentle and kindness before, but because she was a kind girl.

But she was warm and enthusiastic like winter sunshine, illuminating his cold and lonely heart.

She must not know what that means to herself.

The darkness seemed to magnify all senses, and for a moment, Gu Miao clearly heard his own heartbeat, which was as fierce as a huge wave.

School life is gloomy for Gu Miao.

He is like a soulless walking corpse, wandering on the campus. The ridicule of his classmates and the ignorance of the teacher, like a sharp sword, pricked his already gloomy heart.

But since the moment Cheng Chu came back to his life, he began to look forward to the time he had avoided.

He longed to sit behind the girl, and he could see her back when he lifted his eyes in class, and his breath was full of the subtle fragrance of her body.

This night, Gu Miao had a good dream.

Gu Miao woke up less than six o'clock on Monday morning.

After getting up and washing, the sky outside is still gray.

He sat at the desk and turned on the lamp.

The warm yellow light illuminates the dark and small room.

Gu Miao opened the textbook and began to read the text quietly.

He was reading "Xiaoyaoyou" in the Chinese textbook, although he deliberately slowed down his speech, but it was still intermittent.

"In the North, there are fishes in the North Ming, and their name is Kun. Kun is so big, I don't know how many miles it is."

The young man's voice is low, like a silky and melodious cello.

The clock in the bedroom was ticking, accompanied by his intermittent reading.

By the time Gu Miao stumbled and read this short piece of ancient essay, twenty minutes had passed.

He looked up at the clock, his brows drooping with anticipation.

It took so long.

He recorded the length of time in a small book, packed his schoolbag, and prepared to go to class.

This is the first day Gu Miao practiced speaking.

He had never expected anything in this before.

Deep down, he always evaded and thought that as long as he didn't speak, others would lose the ability to laugh at him.

But since seeing the girl in the hospital yesterday, Gu Miao's deadly heart seemed to have fallen into a seed, and he gradually came up with a thought--

He wants to speak fluently, and perhaps more accurately, he wants to speak to the girl fluently.

Gu Miao knew that the girl no longer remembered him.

So does it mean that she also forgot that she was stuttering?

He imagined that the next time they spoke, even if he couldn't speak to her smoothly, he wouldn't be as embarrassed and pitiful as he was a year ago.

The wind in the early morning was cold and cold, like mist sprayed all over the sky, blowing on Gu Miao's face without force.

But his heart was burning like a fire, and he fantasized over and over again about the way he was talking and laughing with the girl.

It's like a dream.