50

In August, the sun is still high at noon.

At two noon, the restaurant gradually became deserted.

Cheng Chu closed the piano cover and rubbed his sore wrist.

A glass of lemonade was handed over in due course.

She took it naturally, and drank half a cup.

"I'm so thirsty." She put down the cup, rubbed her wrist, and complained: "Why don't people drink water yet."

Gu Miao frowned, and there was a burst of sourness in her heart.

If it weren't for herself, she would never come to work in such a place in her entire life.

Seeing him frowned, Cheng Chu smiled and asked, "Have you eaten? I haven't eaten an employee meal yet."

Her original job was from 4pm to 10pm, but this morning the pianist had something to do, so she let herself take over.

"It's still cooking over there," Gu Miao whispered.

The chubby voice floated over, "For the staff meal, you'd better not hold any hope."

The chefs in the store take a break at noon, and the work of cooking is always taking turns, one person does three days.

Someone over there shouted from a distance: "The meal is ready, come over and eat."

A group of people walked towards the kitchen with a bewildered face.

Cheng Chu followed Gu Miao into the kitchen, stood on tiptoe, and probed into the crowd.

The red, green and green fried rice was still steaming, and there was a large pot of clear soup next to it, which didn't look too bad.

"Today's beef fried rice, and steamed fish, served with mustard pork broth. Let's line up for the food."

The kitchen was steaming, everyone was squeezed into a pile, the air was stuffy, and someone still smelled of sweat.

"I'll serve you food. It's too hot here. Go and sit outside first." Gu Miao pushed her out of the kitchen.

Even when the shop is closed, employees have their own lounge areas, and they are not allowed to sit in the seats of customers.

There was no air conditioner in the staff area, and the scorching sun outside the window came in through the window. Cheng Chu moved two chairs. The plastic seats were hot from the sun, and she took a long time to sit on it.

Gu Miao came in with two dinner plates and a bottle of ice-cola.

He raised his hand to open the can, and there was a bubbling sound.

"Here." He plugged in the straw and handed it to Cheng Chu. "Just now you said you wanted to drink ice-cola."

The temperature in the room was high, and a thin layer of sweat appeared on the boy's smooth forehead. He panted slightly, and set a bowl of chopsticks for Cheng Chu.

The iced Coke touched his fingertips, bringing a cool touch. Cheng Chu took a sip and handed it to him, "You have a sip too."

The boy shook his head and pushed the Coke back, "I don't drink it, I just drink soup."

He sat down on the sorely hot plastic seat, bowed his head and started eating.

Cheng Chu's heart is sour.

At noon, the sun was so shining that people lost their appetite, so she took a bite of beef fried rice.

This bowl of rice has a lot of beef cubes, but it is hard and raw, almost tasteless, and the soup next to it is as light as boiled water.