CHAPTER FOUR

Caitlin climbed out of her silver Honda Civic with Hanna in tow

Caitlin climbed out of her silver Honda Civic with Hanna in tow. The girls linked arms about to enter through the school doors when Hanna noticed a crowd forming around a car. She nudged Caitlin who looked away from the school entrance to see Emily making out with her boyfriend in the car, his friends hollering at them teasingly. Caitlin and Hanna shared a look of surprise, knowing that Emily was not a person who is into PDA. They quickly walked over just as Emily opened the car door getting out, an embarrassed blush present on her cheeks.

"Looking good, Emily," one of Ben's friends called out before his eyes land on Hanna and Caitlin checking them out slowly, a smirk forming on his face, "you're both looking good too."

Hanna sent him a fake smile, "I'm sorry, are you talking to me?"

The boy looked at Caitlin expectantly making her raise an eyebrow amusedly, "never going to happen. Keep it moving, buddy."

The boy rolled his eyes walking away with his friend group as Hanna glanced over at Emily worriedly, "are you okay?"

"Not really," Emily shook her head holding onto her bag strap tightly, her gaze cast down to the concrete.

"You know, I never thought of you as someone who'd be so comfortable with PDA," Hanna said walking back to the school entrance, Emily now joining them.

"Maybe I'm not the person everyone thinks I am," Emily stated cryptically sneaking a glance at Caitlin who sent her a smile, knowing the secret message behind her words.

"Who is?" Caitlin gave her a wide smile making Emily smile back as Caitlin linked her arm with Emily's, entering through the school doors. The long hallway littered with students preparing for their first class causing Caitlin to let out a groan in annoyance knowing the halls were about to be packed with students once the bell rings which would make it hard for her to get to class on time.

"I've got to go to my locker. I'll catch up with you guys later," the two girls nodded waving at their friend before walking away to their own lockers.

Caitlin walked down the hallway waving at a few of her classmates that said hi to her. She stood by her locker, twisting her code into her lock before opening it. Her eyes widened in shock when she sees her red leather jacket hanging in the middle of her locker. She looked around to see if anyone was watching her but all she sees is teenagers laundering around the halls waiting for their class to start. She took it out cautiously, examining it carefully.

She had completely forgotten that she owned this jacket. She remembered that Alison got it for her. She never took it off. It was once Jason left and Alison disappeared that she had put it away in a box where she put all the things that reminded her of Jason, tucked away in the depths of her closet. She swallowed the lump forming in her throat as she thought back to the day that she first wore this jacket.

FLASHBACK

"Ali, what's going on?" Caitlin giggled as Alison pulled her upstairs to her room once Caitlin had arrived at her house. She had got an SOS from Alison that evening so she rushed right over.