CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

"Do you think somebody rubbed that sweater on your bracelet?" Aria questions sitting at a table in the Grille after Spencer explained that the police found some fibres on the bracket Alison gave her which matched the Toby's cardigan that Alison wa...

"Do you think somebody rubbed that sweater on your bracelet?" Aria questions sitting at a table in the Grille after Spencer explained that the police found some fibres on the bracket Alison gave her which matched the Toby's cardigan that Alison was wearing that night.

"Somebody?" Caitlin scoffs leaning on the table, lowering her voice, "try Ian. He's doing everything he can to make you look guilty. Your parents should hire you a 24-hour bodyguard."

"What about Jenna?" Aria questions, eyeing Hanna who was silently eating her shared nachos with Caitlin, "what if she paid Caleb to get that bracelet?"

"Wait, when was Caleb in Spencer's house?" Emily tilts her head in confusion at Aria's question.

"He doesn't need an invitation, Em," Aria retorts sending her a look, "he broke into a vending machine with a spork."

"Guys..." Spencer calls out staring straight ahead, outside the window, trying to see past the shadows of the night air, "I think somebody's watching us."

The four girls turn to see what their friend was freaking out about. They sigh in relief upon seeing the founding family's statues outside the window. Emily turns back around to face the girls again, "those? They're for the founders festival."

"Man, if that's what Rosewood's founding family looked like, how did they ever get anyone to move here?" Aria pulls her gaze away from the statues with a disturbed look on her face.

"And why were they allowed to reproduce?" Spencer mutters in agreement with Aria finally looking away from the creepy statues.

"Guys, if Caleb was—"

"Could we stop using the C word?" Hanna snaps tired of hearing them mention the boy who betrayed her making Caitlin squeeze her arm in a form of comfort.

"We know this is hard for you, okay," Aria says softly, "but we have to talk about Ca—" Hanna glares at Aria making her quickly correct herself, "him."

"If we want to help Spencer, we have to know what he knows," Emily stares at Hanna sympathetically from across the table.

"Guys, there is definitely somebody out there," Spencer says staring out the window again but was ignored by her friends.

"Maybe if Emily and I cornered him—"

"Look, if he's gonna talk to anyone, it's gonna be Hanna," Caitlin cuts Aria off glancing beside her to see Hanna staring at her glass of water, "are you okay doing it?"

Hanna sighs looking over at Spencer, "to help Spencer, sure."

"Thanks, Han," Spencer says gratefully receiving a tight-lipped smile from the blonde.

All the girls beside Spencer got up collecting their stuff deciding to head out for the night. Spencer remains sitting, still staring outside the window making Caitlin raise an eyebrow when she made no move to follow them, "Spence, you coming?"