CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

The girls sit outside Lucky Leon's cupcakes later that day to discuss the mystery guy mistaking Caitlin for Vivian

The girls sit outside Lucky Leon's cupcakes later that day to discuss the mystery guy mistaking Caitlin for Vivian. Aria returns with a smoothie in one of her hands and an iced caramel latte in the other. She hands the iced caramel latte to Caitlin who took it gratefully before Aria sat down.

"Well, he recognised the coat," Caitlin starts explaining to the girls now that they were all seated, still wearing Vivian's coat, "but when he saw it first, he thought it was Alison," Caitlin shakes her head correcting herself, "Vivian."

"When we noticed you didn't come back, he was gone," Emily points out.

"He was cute from the back," Hanna comments.

Caitlin hums nodding her head, "so was his front." Hanna lets out a chuckle along with Emily while Aria and Spencer raise eyebrows at her, "under different circumstances, obviously." Caitlin clears her throat, "he's been in Florida for, like, a year."

"What did you tell him exactly?" Spencer questions as Caitlin sips on her iced latte.

"Uh, I told him that I was a friend of Vivian's and that I hadn't seen her since she gave me the coat," Caitlin explains, shrugging her shoulders lightly.

"Can I see that number again?" Caitlin nods handing Spencer the number Duncan had given her.

"Duncan Albert?" Spencer read off the small piece of paper.

"He said he met her in Brookhaven?" Aria asks, leaning on the table.

"Yeah, in a bookstore," Caitlin nods her head, "a couple of places down from that creepy doll hospital."

"Well, whoever Duncan is, he's connected to Alison and what she wanted in Brookhaven," Spencer comments.

"How do we know that he wasn't just some guy she flirted with in a bookstore?" Emily questions with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't think Alison wasted Vivian on flirting," Spencer shakes her head handing the piece of paper back to Caitlin.

"Yeah, when she put that wig on, she wanted something," Aria nods in agreement with Spencer.

"She was looking for A," Hanna mutters, her manicured finger running along the top of her coffee cup.

"And Duncan was part of that trail," Emily hums, nodding her head.

"I'll call him," Caitlin announces staring down at the piece of paper.

"Caity, you don't have to," Spencer shakes her head in protest.

"Any one of us could've been wearing that coat," Aria adds in.

"But it was me," Caitlin glances up at Aria who nods unsurely.

Caitlin glances over at Spencer who had gone quiet, too busy staring at something up ahead to pay attention to the rest of their conversation. Caitlin follows her line of sight along with the rest of the girls to see Jenna step out of a car, her normal back glasses on, but a white bandage was on her right eye, her stick tapping in front of her as Toby walks over to her side, allowing her to lean on him for support. Toby glances over at making eye contact with Spencer whose face brightened.