CHAPTER TWELVE

Caitlin was sitting peacefully in the courtyard with a book open in front of her while Aria sat across from her finishing up some homework she left to the last minute again

Caitlin was sitting peacefully in the courtyard with a book open in front of her while Aria sat across from her finishing up some homework she left to the last minute again. Caitlin tried to act normal around her after Jason revealed how she kissed him but she knew she couldn't be mad at her, not when she didn't even know about the two of them. She knew Aria would never do that to her.

Emily spots the two from around the corner and quickly rushes towards them, sliding into the seat next to Caitlin. The two brunettes barely spared her a glance, continuing what they were doing making Emily glance between the two, "why weren't you two answering your phones last night?"

"I was busy," Caitlin shrugs not looking up from her book.

"I was avoiding someone's call," Aria glances up from her notebook looking at Emily who was frantically looking between the two.

"I need to talk to you two about Jason," Emily leans forward on the table so they were the only ones that could hear her.

"Well, I need to talk to you two about Jason," Aria admits leaning forward, "I kissed him."

Caitlin raises her head up to see the guilty expression on Aria's face as Emily looks at her with wide eyes, "Aria!"

"I know, it was a mistake," Aria glances down at her notebook, "look, I was trying to figure out a way to tell you guys. I totally don't know how to tell Ezra. Do I even tell him?"

"You have to tell him," Caitlin spoke up, Aria's guilty eyes landing on her, "trust me, it's better to be upfront with him. Tell him it meant nothing...it did mean nothing, right?"

"Yeah—"

"Aria, Jason had pictures of you. Creepy pictures," Emily blurts out, effectively cutting Aria off, "you too Caitlin."

"What?" Aria's face drops as Caitlin sighs looking back down at her book wanting no part in this conversation before she freezes, taking a moment to register what she said. Caitlin's head snaps towards Emily slowly.

"Wait, how do you know this?" Caitlin asks glancing over at Emily.

"Spencer and I found a darkroom in his woodshed. He developed photographs of you sleeping..." Emily looks over at Aria whose jaw went slack.

"Sleeping?!" Aria exclaims worriedly causing Caitlin to roll her eyes.

"Sleeping or drugged," Emily corrects making Caitlin bite her lip glancing down at her book again trying to ignore the accusations thrown at Jason. She doesn't know how much longer she could keep her mouth shut before she finally snaps. 

How she wishes Hanna was here to back her up.

"Okay, well, I'm officially terrified," Aria mutters.

Spencer takes a seat on the chair next to Aria hearing the end of their conversation, "good. 'Kay, it's about time and for the record, I never bought Jason's whole act—"