CHAPTER TEN

The four girls walked into Aria's room to see her lying in her bed facing away from them with headphones in her ears blasting the music from her phone

The four girls walked into Aria's room to see her lying in her bed facing away from them with headphones in her ears blasting the music from her phone. Caitlin leaned over Aria yanking the headphones out of her ears gently making Aria groan turning around to protest, "what are you doing?"

"An intervention," Spencer answered crossing her arms. The four girls had decided to cheer Aria up the best they can while her parents were working their stuff out. They noticed how much of a toll it was taking on Aria and they wanted to be there for their friend the best they could.

"We brought takeout and rag mags," Emily threw the magazines on her bed.

"But you cannot have any of those until you get out of these sweats," Hanna said taking a seat on Aria's bed, pointing to the sweatpants Aria was wearing.

"What's wrong with these?" Aria asked sitting up against her headboard.

"Nothing..." Caitlin trailed off with an innocent smile.

"Except they're starting to graft to your skin," Spencer continued getting a nod of agreement from Caitlin.

"Well, they're comfy," Aria defended her outfit choice.

"So are mom jeans and platform flip-flops," Aria chuckled lightly at that sentence making Hanna smile feeling accomplished that she put a smile on her friend's face.

"Plus, how are we gonna help you choose a homecoming dress if you don't try some on for us?" Emily asked before glancing at Caitlin, "we even convinced Caitlin to come dress shopping with us."

"It's simple," Aria shrugged looking between the girls, "I'm not going."

Caitlin's eyes lit up with hope, "we can do that?"

Spencer nudged her disapprovingly making her pout, "what do you mean you're not going?"

"You can't just not go," Hanna shook her head.

"What are you doing instead?" Emily questioned.

"I don't know," Aria shrugged looking down at the magazines on her bed brought by Emily, "I guess I'll just read these and then inhale a gallon of chunky monkey."

Caitlin sighed looking down at the hazel-eyed girl who was still sitting on her bed, "cutting yourself off from the rest of the world isn't going to help your parents. It will only make you feel more miserable."

"They still might work it out," Spencer added making Aria sigh shaking her head.

"They're barely speaking to each other," Aria pulled her legs up, hugging them to her chest.

"People get angry. They blow up," Emily tried to give her some hope, "doesn't mean it's over."

"Emily, they didn't blow up over her dad missing their anniversary. He slept with one of his students," Hanna turned around facing Emily. Caitlin glared at her kicking her shin softly making Hanna look back at Aria apologetically, "sorry."