CHAPTER TWENTY

It has been two weeks since the accident and Caitlin and Hanna were finally released from the hospital, warned by all their doctors to take it easy for the next couple of weeks, mostly directed at Caitlin since most of Derrick's coworkers knew tha...

It has been two weeks since the accident and Caitlin and Hanna were finally released from the hospital, warned by all their doctors to take it easy for the next couple of weeks, mostly directed at Caitlin since most of Derrick's coworkers knew that Caitlin had a habit of pushing herself.

Hanna was confined to a wheelchair to help support her leg while Caitlin was free to walk with her concussion now gone but still needed to be on bed rest for the next couple of days because of her collapsed lung and broken ribs that were still healing. Caitlin was wheeling Hanna in on her wheelchair as the rest of the girls brought Hanna's things inside, forbidding Caitlin from carrying anything heavy. Caitlin stopped in the kitchen of the Marin household when she noticed Hanna picking at the sticker Spencer had picked up to cover the A message. Caitlin leaned over slapping her hands away.

"Stop playing with it," Caitlin scolded causing Hanna to groan throwing her head back in frustration.

"I'm not. I'm trying to keep it on," Hanna grumbled trying to ignore the message underneath it. Caitlin sat down on the chair near the kitchen counter wincing in pain for moving too quickly making Spencer look at her in concern.

"You okay?" Aria asked the brunette who was shifting in her seat uncomfortably.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Caitlin nodded holding her ribs when a shock of pain erupted through her body.

"The doctors said not to push yourself too much. The healing of broken ribs takes time," Spencer said gently, "besides you are still healing from a collapsed lung. You need to take it easy."

"It's been two weeks," Caitlin shrugged placing her hand in her lap trying to ignore the pain, "I'm fine."

"Broken ribs takes more than two weeks to heal," Caitlin rolled her eyes at Emily's mothering tone, "and let's not forget, you had a collapsed lung."

The three brunettes had been babying her ever since she got out of the hospital, it's not that she doesn't appreciate it, she does, but it's kind of getting old at this point.

"I'm fine," Caitlin assured the girls who don't look convinced, "I promise, I'll take it easy." Caitlin noticed Hanna still playing with the sticker, "we can get you another sticker if you want."

"This time, why don't you try something mellower, like 'save the planet'?" Aria looked over at Spencer who rolls her eyes at her amused tone.

"There were not a lot of choices, okay? It was either 'Humpty Dumpty' or 'Jesus is coming, look busy'," Spencer rolled her eyes.

Hanna peeled back the sticker looking down at the message from A to see it was still there, "oh, God, it's still there."

Caitlin grabbed onto Hanna's hand, "Han, don't look at that."

Spencer kneeled down beside Hanna helping Caitlin comfort the scared blonde, "just look around you. Because you're safe, you're home and you're alive."

"Yeah, well, I thought I was safe in my hospital room too," Hanna scoffed looking up at Caitlin, "now, what's going on with Noel Kahn? Is he A? Have you talked to him?"