CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"Did you ask her yet?"

Caitlin pulled her eyes away from the book she was currently reading to see Caleb taking a seat in front of her in the courtyard.

"Morning to you too."

"Did you ask her yet?" Caleb repeated, ignoring her sarcastic greeting.

"Yes," Caitlin rolled her eyes, closing her book, "she said yes, and I would like to make it clear that it took begging. Why are you in such a rush to get new customers anyway?"

"I need the money," Caleb shrugged his shoulders.

"You sure it's not because you want to go on a date with—"

"I don't have a crush on your friend," Caleb rolled his eyes.

"Okay," Caitlin shrugged, not believing him, "whatever you say."

"Have I mentioned that you're really annoying?" Caleb smiled at her sarcastically making her grin.

"That might be the sweetest thing you've ever said to me," Caitlin held her hand to her heart making him roll his eyes once again, "you know if you keep doing that, your eyes might get stuck."

"Okay, you know what—"

"We need to talk," Hanna strode up to the bickering duo kicking Caleb's converse covered foot to grab his attention. He looked away from Caitlin to stare at her best friend with a raised eyebrow, "you know that thing you did with Mrs Montgomery's car? Well, just pretend like it never happened, okay? Don't talk about it, don't blog about it, don't tweet about it. Clear?"

"Can I speak now?" Caleb questioned, waiting for her rant to finish.

"Okay, if you must, but it's really annoying," Hanna crossed her arms making Caitlin chuckle looking back down at her book.

"The way I see it, you owe me," Caleb smirked.

"For what?" Hanna scoffed.

"For doing that thing I can't talk, blog, or tweet about," Caleb walked off leaving the girls alone.

"Owing him never ends well," Caitlin mumbled picking her book up as she stood up.

Hanna sighed, uncrossing her arms, "tell me about it. I'm the one going on a date with him because you owe him."

"What's up?" Caitlin asked noticing Hanna's worried look.

"Aria's dad had the ticket I gave Mrs Montgomery," Hanna stressed, "Aria's getting suspicious."

"This is why I told you to tell her," Caitlin responded making Hanna groan.

Hanna's phone buzzed signalling a message coming through.

𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗯 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗖𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗹𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗲𝘁, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗥 𝗨 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼
𝘀𝗵𝘂𝘁 𝗠𝗘 𝘂𝗽?
— 𝗔