CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"Where are they?" Spencer stretches her neck to see if she could spot Emily anywhere from outside the swim meet

"Where are they?" Spencer stretches her neck to see if she could spot Emily anywhere from outside the swim meet. She holds her bag strap tightly, tapping her foot against the ground impatiently.

"I told my parents we'd be studying at the library so that's covered," Caitlin informs the girls.

"Good," Spencer nods her head still trying to search for their best friend.

"You sure you wanna do this tonight?" Aria questions, glancing at Spencer who was especially fidgety today.

"Yeah, are you kidding?" Spencer snaps her head towards Aria, "we have to find out what this guy knows about Ali."

"And why his number was in Ali's—Vivian's coat," Aria adds in nodding her head.

"And we finally got this meeting set, so it's gotta be tonight," Spencer explains turning to her other best friend who was quiet looking off in the distance. Aria seems to notice her nervousness as well.

"Look, we're gonna have your back the whole time," Aria reassures Caitlin who nods her head.

"I know," Caitlin clears her throat, lowering her voice so Spencer could only hear her, "it's been a whole week and I'm running out of excuses to give my dad on why you're practically living at my house."

"I just—" Spencer sighs, her grip on her bag strap becoming tighter, "I can't deal with my family right now."

"Anything else I can do to help?" Caitlin frowns wishing that she could help her friend in some way.

Spencer glances at her giving her a small smile, "what you're doing is plenty. Thank you."

"Of course," Caitlin nods her head giving her harm a squeeze in reassurance.

Spencer bites her lip glancing over at Caitlin hesitantly, "how—how's Jason doing?"

Caitlin's heart warms at the question. It made her happy that Spencer wasn't icing Jason out when she found out the news about them being half-siblings. Caitlin knew Jason was confused and hurt and there was only so much she could do. All she could do is be there for him, but she still felt like it wasn't enough. He had been keeping himself occupied with setting up his new office and there was only so much time she could spend helping him out since her dad has been questioning her every time she wants to go out which confused her. He only did that after Alison went missing.

Before Caitlin could answer Spencer's question, the swim team emerge through the double doors causing cheers to erupt through the hallway. The three girls along with Hanna who left Caleb to congratulate their friend who was finally allowed to swim again leading to their sudden victory.

"Congratulations, champ!" Caitlin pulls Emily into a tight hug once Maya had stepped back, allowing the group of friends to congratulate her.

Hanna grins once Caitlin pulled away from Emily, "Em, my mum said that we could have the team party at my house."